Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Carnitas style Pork Shoulder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ecowper I like the look of that rub recipe, and will have to try it. Did you have to do any vent adjustments during the cook, or did the WSM maintain the temps between 225 and 260 on its own? Or were you using your Fireboard and fan? I was just looking at the gradual up/down between those 2 extremes over the cook. I am debating another smoker at some point, and the WSM 22.5 is in my short list along with the PBC and Grilla OG.

Comment

Dude! This is now my favorite thing to make with smoked pulled pork! Especially if you can sear it on a large skillet or on a flat top. I like to add some lard to the cooking surface and fry the meat until you get that wonderful thick crust that goes great in a soft shell taco. This is a great recipe. Thanks for bumping this up!

Comment

• tdimond
        tdimond commented
        Editing a comment
        Are you searing before or after you pull the pork?

• Spinaker
        Spinaker commented
        Editing a comment
        After I've pulled. tdimond

• barelfly
        barelfly commented
        Editing a comment
        Spinaker you need to try making fresh corn tortillas to pair with this! See if you can find maseca in you area some where. And then you can purchase a new piece of CI as well, a tortilla press!

Nice cook - looks delicious!

Comment

I’m making this this weekend, with some minor modifications to the rub to add a little heat. Can you tell me what sauce you have there in the picture of the carnitas on the plate?

Comment

• CaptainMike
          CaptainMike commented
          Editing a comment
          ecowper fell off the radar right after this post so I doubt you'll get a response. Too bad, he was a great contributor and good guy. Update, apparently we can't shut ecowper up now! Love that guy!!!
          Last edited by CaptainMike; September 23, 2020, 09:55 PM.

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here