Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

6 Butts and a Pan of Beans on a Yoder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

6 Butts and a Pan of Beans on a Yoder

Picked up a case of butts Monday to break in the new Yoder. Did a trial run with foil pans, butcher paper, foil wrap, and naked all the way using six butts that were cut in half and rubbed with a mix of 2/3 MHMD and 1/3 BBBR w/ cumin. It was an accidental mix, but I think I may have a new favorite. Here's a link to the write up I saved in Evernote.

Date: 5/2/2018 Meat: Co-op Butts - injected Supreme Tender brand - see pic Untrimmed weight: Trimmed Weight: Bone? (Y/N): Y Smoker: Yoder Injection: Butts were pre-injected. Rub: 1/3 BBBR w/ cumin and...

Sounds good to me.

Comment

Nice description. Looks delicious. Where did you start with your damper positioned? I have always had mine pushed in 5-6 inches from all the way out. So far seems to keep the heat fairly even. Also, where'd you see the recommendation from Yoder_Herb. I seem to have missed it. In the forums at Yoder? Thanks and again, nicely done.

Comment

• Dr ROK
        Dr ROK commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes, Yoder_Herb responded to my "Damper placement" post in the Yoder forum.

Thank you for the write-up.

Comment

Nice looking butts!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here