Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Prepping Ribs in Advance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prepping Ribs in Advance

I have a guys weekend planned at a cabin with no running water. I want to get as much done ahead of time to save the mess. Has anyone prepped (membrane off, trim, and put on rub) BB Ribs on a Wednesday then waited until Friday to smoke. Was thinking I could use food saver to package them. Would this be too long for ribs? What about Chicken?

As long as you keep everything refrigerated or in an ice chest I don't see why not.

Welcome to the Pit !!

Comment

Welcome stevempark Yes you can. I have done it 3 or 4 times.

Comment

Welcome from Indiana!

As long as they don’t go past expiration date and you refrigerate you should be good. I would take some extra rub with you to touch them up before you cook them.

Comment

• DWCowles
          DWCowles commented
          Editing a comment
          +1

Yep, no issues with that at all. For big holiday cooks in the summer, I've prepped lots of meat one to two days in advance, including applying dry rubs. I would most definitely do what you are planning. Heck, I put my steaks in foodsaver bags with Montreal steak seasoning on them, so that I can pop them into the sous vide right out of the deep freeze!

Comment

Thank you everyone - I was really hoping those would be the replies! I can't wait to just cut open and into the smoke. Thanks for the feedback.

Comment

Welcome to The Pit.

Comment

Howdy from Kansas Territory, Welcome to Th Pit!
              Glad to have ya here!
              Looks like ya got some good advice above, so prep away, an enjoy yer guys weekend!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here