Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My 1st low and slow cook (using the Slow N Sear)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My 1st low and slow cook (using the Slow N Sear)

Got in a big box of heritage Pork! this was 2 of the Rib racks that came in it! Came out wonderful!! (reminded me of my childhood! Thats the way Ribs tasted when I was a kid!!)
    Attached Files
    Last edited by GadjetGriller; April 22, 2018, 01:30 PM.

Wow, those look great!
    Was it expensive to get Heritage? My local grocer has regular butts and ribs very cheap( fresh, not injected with solution). I did once go to a local source for a butt. It was frozen, small and about twice the price of what I get regular ones for.

Comment

Looks fantastic GadjetGriller

Comment

CRO I got them from Heritage farms. It was a package deal so saved a little money but yes they were more expensive than the stuff I can get locally. However the taste of those ribs (and hopefully the butts and chops) made it worth the extra cost and time waiting for it to appear on my door step. They did come frozen but the texture and such were spot on! All and all a great buy that I may only do once a year but to me worth it!!

Comment

When it's good genes combined with a great "free-range" diet, it's a very superior meat. Those look wonderful!

Comment

Beautiful! Got a link to your source?

Comment

That’s one beautiful looking cook.
            How do you like the SnS for this kind of cook??
            being you said it’s your first.

Comment

• GadjetGriller
              GadjetGriller commented
              Editing a comment
              I didnt put the starter cube in the right spot. so it took a little while for it to come up to temp but once there is was steady at 250 ish So pretty happy with it.

Nice work!

Comment

Great lookin' ribs.

Comment

I just ate and those have me drooling.

Comment

Looks great Gadjet! Good to see you cooking again!

Comment

Looks great! I’m gonna have to loosen my wallet up one day for some heritage meat.

Comment

Brother, those look fabulous!!!
                      I can only imagine how good they musta tasted!

Comment

We need smell-o-vision on the internet (well, for food at least).

Comment

Mmmm good.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                          No announcement yet.
                          Working...
                          X
                          false
                          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                          false
                          false
                          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                          Yes
                          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here