Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My 9lb Butt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HC in SC
    commented on 's reply
    It stands to reason that is how it would work - just like your regular or convection oven in the house...

• Spinaker
    replied
    Originally posted by The Burn View Post

I think, though I'm not sure, that this is the way that electric ovens work in general. They cycle on and off, so they go a little high and come down and then pump back up, etc. I'm sure someone more knowledgeable than me will confirm or correct
    Strat 50 would be able to answer this. I would think

Leave a comment:

• W.A.
    replied
    I have that same machine. It works pretty good in my opinion. Makes great smoked salmon and beef jerky too.

Leave a comment:

• The Burn
    replied
    Originally posted by BBQLipscken View Post
    My main complaint is the temperature fluctuated by about 25 degrees so I set the smoker on 250 and from my ET-732, the internal temperature would go up to 240 and back down to 215.
    I think, though I'm not sure, that this is the way that electric ovens work in general. They cycle on and off, so they go a little high and come down and then pump back up, etc. I'm sure someone more knowledgeable than me will confirm or correct

Leave a comment:

• Jerod Broussard
    replied
    Mack Daddy Maillard Right There!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• Dr ROK
    replied
    Nice bark!

Leave a comment:

• BBQLipscken
    started a topic My 9lb Butt

My 9lb Butt

I wanted to post my New Year's Day smoke with my new Masterbuilt 40" 1800 watt Electric Smoker. While I know the Masterbuilt is on the not recommended list for Amazing Ribs, it was a surprise Christmas present from the wife and heck it worked pretty well.

I followed the Perfect Pulled Pork recipe, and went with cherry wood this time. Normally I do hickory, but I am impressed with the taste the cherry gave. I used my new Masterbuilt 40" 1800 watt Electric Smoker, and monitored the temp with a Maverick ET-732. The total cook took about 18 hours.

The smoker created incredible smoke I thought, and after 3 hours of smoking, I quit adding chips and let it cook the rest of the way. I really like the new smoker and think it is set up real well. My main complaint is the temperature fluctuated by about 25 degrees so I set the smoker on 250 and from my ET-732, the internal temperature would go up to 240 and back down to 215.

The butt came out great and had a smokey sweet taste to it. I could eat it by itself, but I did make some Eastern NC BBQ Sauce i slapped together with cider vinegar, brown sugar, and red pepper flake and a few other ingredients. I also made up some SC Mustard Sauce and KC Original BBQ sauce from the website. We like variety lol.

All in all some great BBQ!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here