Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Double Butts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Double Butts

Excuse me for forgetting to take pics of the before, but it was 5:30 AM and I was putting on 2 11 lb (gross) boston butts this morning. These are for a get together tomorrow. Gonna smoke some balogna too. Oh and the chef picked up a small pack of beef shortribs for lunch! I'll get some after pics and some pics of the ribs later. I am using my Masterbilt 30" analog smoker for this one. Not quite the flavor of the SNS on my kettle, but it's easy and for some reason my wife swears she loves pulled pork off the e smoker better.

You don't have to wait for after to take pics! We accept in-progress pics just as well!!!

Comment

• RonB
      RonB commented
      Editing a comment
      + 1

• PaulstheRibList
      PaulstheRibList commented
      Editing a comment
      +2

Sounds like you have it going on.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180331_212847.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	48.5 KB
ID:	475604Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180331_212053.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	48.9 KB
ID:	475605

Pics don't do it justice. For anyone who found this searching for something on your Masterbilt electric smoker. I did confirm something I already suspected. The little water pan in the bottom is plenty. Don't even refill it. I put another pan like the pork is in on the third shelf....collects all the drippings and pretty much makes my cleanup limited to the 2 racks the butts are on. But I put some water in it too. Thinking the drippings won't stick and I can reuse it. I knew with 2 butts the e smoker was going to chug along, but we were wanting to try out a new place for (new to us) catfish tonight about an hour away. (It was worth the drive) so I didn't want to go past 12 hours. Well the smoker would never get above 212-215. I throw on old moving blanket over it just to help seal it up and noticed a ton of steam, it was soaking wet. I thought about somethings I read here about what the stall really is, etc ect. Gadzooks, I jumped up and ran out there and dumped out that pan of water It literally JUMPED from 210 to 270 in about 10 minutes. And the nice thing is, I backed off just a tad on the thermostat and it sat between 262 and 278 for 10 hours straight. Never opened it.

It's the Ronco pulled pork set it and forget it!
      This pork is moist, juicy and flavorful. I pulled it, wrapped it and threw it in the cooler for 3 hrs so the bark took a hit, but man is it good. It's not very smoky, which my wife actually loves. She says she loves the flavor from the rub and the pork itself. I usually run a smoke daddy, but I just ran one little tray of apple chips. I meant to open it up once and reload it, but I never did.

I think with the proper application of reheating, plus slaw, plus some Shed bbq sauce, Beevis and Butthead here will be a big hit at the get together tomorrow. (wait....today)

I got to piddling on other things and forgot my beef shortribs. Well, I am going to smoke some balogna in the morning, so I'll have rib brunch it looks like!

Comment

I'll get some pics of it all shredded up and my ribs tomorrow!

Comment

Nice pork butt, and it sounds like a cook with lots of learning. Good times.

Comment

Brunch is on. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180401_081854.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	36.6 KB
ID:	475685

Comment

• DogFaced PonySoldier
              DogFaced PonySoldier commented
              Editing a comment
              Whassat???? Do share, droopie69

• droopie69
              droopie69 commented
              Editing a comment
              Beef riblets I forgot to cook yesterday for my lunch! So I am doing a quick 4 or 5 hrs on them and eating them before we head over to share in our Easter feast!

Nice!

Comment

OOOPS, I forgot to post the done picture. Thanks to AR these were the best beef ribs I have ever had! They were juicy, tender, well seasoned with just black pepper, salt and a little garlic. My wife refused to try them....I begged her and she took one bite and went WOW! This is not what any beef rib I have ever tasted or even heard of has tasted like. Thanks to Meathead and Amazingribs.com I have converted her yet again! First beer, then pulled pork, now beef ribs. I'm 48 and thought I knew grilling and smoking, but I was a toddler in diapers. Now I'm a teen with a bad attitude!!!!!

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20180401_111420.jpg Views:	2 Size:	846.8 KB ID:	489350

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here