Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Last ribs of the year, thank you everyone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last ribs of the year, thank you everyone

Hi all, decided (after a lot of experimenting the last couple of weeks) to go back and do some classic ribs. Just ribs, no thrills. Turned out great, but took extra long today. I grilled them for 4.5+ hours today.

Ribs, with my own rub applied:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	ribs_5.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	128.2 KB
ID:	46215

Ribs on the grill, 2 hours in, just brushed them with maple syrup:

Name:	ribs_6.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	98.9 KB
ID:	46214

And the final result, right before a little rest:

Name:	ribs_7.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	142.1 KB
ID:	46216

Despite being on the grill for 4.5+ hours they turned out great. Very tender and juicy. Did the bend test as usual to know when they were done.

Happy new year, everyone, see you on the other side

Attached Files

Looks great! Haven't cooked a full spare in a long time.

Comment

Nice cook @Henrik .. Happy New Year to you too!!

Comment

Looks good Henrik!! Man that maple syrup really meshes well with the rub to make a gorgeous color. I'm sure the flavor is up to par as well.

Comment

I was going to say, great color. Looks great

Comment

Good job my man! Here's to another great year!

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
              Looks great! Haven't cooked a full spare in a long time.
              What modifications to your normal cooking procedure do you have to do if you cook the full rack without trimming to St. Louis style?

Comment

• Henrik
                Henrik commented
                Editing a comment
                I haven't changed a single thing actually. Didn't know I had to ;-)

Originally posted by Dr ROK View Post

What modifications to your normal cooking procedure do you have to do if you cook the full rack without trimming to St. Louis style?
              Dr ROK, you really wouldn't have to change anything. The strip of ribs tips left on will just make the rack bigger but everything should cook the same. When I do spares I like to trim to StL cut since it makes slicing bone-by-bone much easier when they're finished...that and I dice up the tips and make some sort of stir fry while I'm smoking. Cook's reserve!

Comment

• Dr ROK
                Dr ROK commented
                Editing a comment
                Great idea for using up the tips!

Looks jam-up Henrik!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here