Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Score!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here is an email from the pig farmer...

Hi Dale,

Thank you so much for your purchase, I am glad you like the pork. The boneless loin roast comes from the primal loin cut, not to be confused with the tenderloin, which we have pulled and sell separately. I sent you a picture of a commercial factory farmed bone in pork roast. When they bone it out you get the baby back ribs and the boneless loin roast. Our pigs are raised on pasture and we raise Texas Red Wattle and Large Black crosses which are a fat type hog. We breed for a healthy higher quality fat and marbling in the meat. They cut the fat cap off the top of our roasts because there is a larger strip of fat in the middle. I hope that answers any question.

Let me know how it tasted!

Sincerely,

Jeff Campbell & Meagan Monaghan
    Golden Acorn Farm, LLC

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0522.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	111.1 KB
ID:	460119

Comment

• HorseDoctor
      HorseDoctor commented
      Editing a comment
      OK, comparing pics, I can see what you got (I think). Looks like they left about 1/2 of the loin eye on the "baby backs". What you end up with (again, I think) is somewhat like a "chuck eye" beef roast... Looks delicious, but calling it a "boneless pork loin" is a bit of a stretch. Enjoy!

That makes sense! that fat looks like buttah!

Comment

Good breeding for meat, too!

Comment

Drool....

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here