Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2 nd pork butt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2 nd pork butt

my attempt last week of a pork but look so good At the 4 hour mark that I’m going to cook another for my moms birthday dinner tomorrow going to stop cooking it at 170 internal temp pork roast was my family favorite had one ever Easter. I’m going stick 5 or six garlic cloves in it it going to be out standing. Here’s a photo of last week cook at 165 internal

Yum
    Attached Files

Comment

Nice bark on that one!

Comment

That looks great.

Comment

how do you keep it from falling off the grate?

Comment

• Fire Art
            Fire Art commented
            Editing a comment
            Magnets

• Jerod Broussard
            Jerod Broussard commented
            Editing a comment
            MAG-nificent

Beautiful!

Comment

So you stop it at a lower temperature and then just slice it up like a roast? Not taking all the way up to the range where it falls apart for pulled pork, right? Just making sure I'm understanding properly. Nothing wrong with that at all.

Comment

Yep but always done in the oven

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
                Jerod Broussard commented
                Editing a comment
                We raise pigs and I never had pulled pork until I cooked it myself about 6 years ago.
                Last edited by Jerod Broussard; February 17, 2018, 05:19 PM.

Nice lookin butt regardless of how it was done!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here