Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

​​​​​​​Hotsmoked Bacon GB style

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

​​​​​​​Hotsmoked Bacon GB style

Hotsmoked Bacon GB style
    Tried GB’s recepie for homemade bacon and I must say it was really good.
    Recommend everyone to smoke their own bacon coz you can’t compare it with store-bought bacon.

The curing process;
    1 cup course seasalt
    1 cup sugar (white/brown)
    1 teaspoon nitrite salt
    Mix it all together and apply on the porkbelly.
    Vacuum and put in a fridge for a week. Turn the pack every day. (once every 24 hrs)
    After 7 days rinse off meat and soak in water for a minimum of an hour, 4 or 5 hours is better. Dry meat off and put on a rack in the fridge uncovered for a few hours.
    Smoke at 200°F-225°F until meat is around 155°F and golden brown. I used chunks of hickory.
    Cool down the bacon immediately by running under cold water. Dry the bacon off, bag it and place in fridge until the next day.
    Cut to desired thickness and cook.
    Please check Green Bastards YT-channel;
    Welcome to my Drunk Cooking & eating channel. If you are confused about what Drunk Cooking is, do us both a favour and leave now. I am not the actor Mike Smith, and am not trying to impersonate him. I cook my food while either wasted, drunk or hungover. I drink to excess like a true Canadian, daily, and I need to eat. I drink, swear and listen to very loud music all of the time, if this offends you, then go watch other people's videos. I am not a chef, nor do I wish to be one, I am just a drunk guy that cooks. So, basically, this is a channel for stoners & drunk people that want to make some great tasting foods. I also post vids that aren't cooking related. I cook things my way, and on a budget. I eat to live, not, live to eat. I live for beer, and have for many years. Bastardland is a Veganfree Zone. I am a huge fan of the Trailer Park Boys. Trailer Park Boys Rule!!!. Ricky for PM!!!

Thanks @Elton's BBQ❗️ I have a Slab of Side Pork (Pork Belly) That's Been in the Freezer To Long‼️ Dan

Comment

• Elton's BBQ
      Elton's BBQ commented
      Editing a comment
      Well, you know what to do with it..

Great recipe!

Comment

• Elton's BBQ
      Elton's BBQ commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here