Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My First Least Meal Ribs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My First Least Meal Ribs

OK, so I moved the discussion of my inaugural cook on my new electric over here since this really was a last meal ribs cook. The final product was pretty good, but not perfect. 1 of the racks was a bit overcooked and was falling apart. The other was shoot on as far as doneness. The bark was a nice color with good smoke flavor, but very moist. Predictably, there was no smoke ring on the electric. Next cook I will try adding a Kingsford, bricquet to see if it will generate a smoke ring. Here are the pics: The first photo is when they first came off. The next one shows the inside of a rib from each rack. The overcooked rack is on the left. The next shows a close up of the inside and the last one shows the bark. The taste and texture were good. #1 noted that they were less salty, which she liked. This was thanks to AR since I deleted the salt from my rub recipe based on what I read here. The dry-brining worked out great. I'm sure I can do better as I learn the idiosyncrasies of the electric, but for a maiden visage, I was overall pleased.

DEW! You the man! They look great.

Forgive me for saying but you can't taste a smoke ring. I know its like shooting a big buck and all but ya can't eat antlers.

I WISH my first ribs were that good looking.

Congrats!

Comment

Thanks, Jon. I graciously accept ask accolades. But, to be fair, this is hardly my first rib cook. It is only the first on my new electric Christmas present. All prior experience has been with a leaky propane vertical at my vacation home in Virginia.

Comment

There are no ribs before last meal ribs are there?

Again they look great. Cant wait to see more out of that new box!

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Solberg View Post
          There are no ribs before last meal ribs are there?
          True dat!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here