Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cuban pork loin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cuban pork loin

I did a Cuban style bone in pork loin on the rotisserie for Christmas. Made a rub of olive oil, lime juice, orange juice, salt, pepper, cumin, oregano, and lots of garlic. Butterflied the loin, rubbed it inside and out, trussed it, and put on rotisserie. Took about 1.5 hours to cook.

Was it good? looks pretty good.

Comment

It actually looks damn good! Did you marinate? Or just rub?

Comment

Nice Z, very nice!

Comment

I just rubbed it and threw it on the rotisserie. It was very good, many compliments from the fam. I chopped up the leftovers and made an omelet this morning with it.

Comment

Looks great. Making me want to move a rotisserie up higher on my [long and ever growing] wish list

Comment

Yummy. Describe this rub more, it sounds like a marinade. I'm intrigued, it sounds delicious.

Comment

Estimates as I suck at recording amounts used: 10 cloves of garlic, 1/4c OJ, juice from 1/2 lime, 1T pepper, 1T salt, 1T oregano, 2T olive oil, 1T cumin.

Everything went into food processor and made into basically a paste. I rubbed inside and outside then rolled the loin and trussed it. Cooked it on the rotisserie to 160F. Maybe 1.5 hours or so. Every time I have talked to my mom since Christmas, she mentions how good the pork was!

Huskee, this is a definite must try.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here