Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pork ribs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pork ribs

We have cooked pork ribs many times using Meatheads 3-2-1 approach and they have always been good. Today it has warmed up to balmy 8C so I thought I would smoke some ribs on the Traeger pellet smoker and they were the best I have ever done. I dry brined them, then added Memphis dust but I smoked them at a little higher temperature around 180F and when I wrapped them in foil I turned it up another notch to 225F. My pellet smoker seems to have higher temperature variations so when it is at 225F the temp swings will get up to 250F. I also basted them a couple of times with Lexington dip.
    My wife did not think the last ones I did were cooked enough. I have to admit she may have been right. We thought we may have too many ribs to eat and we did give some away but the rest will get eaten. We also used Meatheads KC bbq sauce which is my our favourite. Sometime a little change makes a big difference.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	D37EF158-1C8F-46BD-85DB-161C13BCAAA3.jpeg
Views:	102
Size:	291.0 KB
ID:	446153

I would eat those. 😋

Comment

Porkalicious! 👍🏻

Comment

They look amazing!

Comment

I usually use the line when something turns out pretty good that I got lucky again.

Comment

They look great.

Comment

Looks great!

Comment

They look fantastic!

Comment

Those look excellent! I’m trying SV-Q ribs for the 1st time got them cooking in the Joule bath right now, will be ready for smoke tomorrow late afternoon. Hope they turn out as great as those beauties of yours look to be.

Comment

• smokinsteve
                    smokinsteve commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Be sure to give us a report on the SV-Q ribs.

• vandy
                    vandy commented
                    Editing a comment
                    What temp and how long are you doing them in the SV? I would love to hear how they turn out, I have been contemplating doing some that way but just not sure how they would turn out.

• hogdog6
                    hogdog6 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Followed Meathead recipe. SV 150* for 24hrs. Then 30 min. in a snow bath. 45 min on the KJ at 230* with hickory smoke. 10 minutes wide open to set a light coat of sauce. "They were way better than I wanted them to be because the process was way too easy and non-traditional." Haha

Those look great! Was your 3-2-1 method a total of 6 hours then? I'm going to try that method today.

Comment

• Pirate Scott
                    Pirate Scott commented
                    Editing a comment
                    smokenoob 6 hrs is usually where mine finish on the Kettle without 3-2-1, but on the Pellet Grill My MMD rubbed ones have been early. I now really understand probe Tender. Anyway they may finish sooner for you.

• smokenoob
                    smokenoob commented
                    Editing a comment
                    thanks!

Looks good. Great color

Comment

They look excellent! I'm hungry for ribs and its 9:30am on a Sunday.

Comment

Lovely ribs, nicely done.

Comment

Great Stuff. I had given up on ribs until I figured out I was not Cooking them long enough. Over cooked are better than undercooked any day.

Comment

Great lookin Sunday ribs, nicely done!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                          No announcement yet.
                          Working...
                          X
                          false
                          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                          false
                          false
                          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                          Yes
                          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here