Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Canadian Bacon on the Weber Kettle/SNS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Canadian Bacon on the Weber Kettle/SNS

​​​​​I'll never buy Canadian Baon again.

I bought a 3 1/2 pound pork loin and cured it for 3 1/2 days in a brine consisting of kosher salt, brown sugar, maple syrup, garlic, sage, thyme, peppercorns, whole coriander, and Prague Powder #1.

​​​​​I then let it soak in water for about 30 minutes to reduce some of the saltiness.

Smoked on the Weber kettle/SNS using Kingsford Blue and applewood at around 225-240 until internal temp hit 150 (about 3 hours).

Cooled, refrigerated, sliced.

The flavor was incredible. Tender, perfect saltiness, sweet maple flavor with a nice applewood smoke. Delicious!

Click image for larger version

Name:	20180114_153014.jpg
Views:	240
Size:	214.0 KB
ID:	440900
    Attached Files

Looks and sounds great. You've inspired me to make this sometime.

Comment

Beautiful! Love me some Canadian bacon

Comment

Looks awesome! put it on an breakfast muffin, or a pizza with garlic, jalepeno, and pineapple!!!!

Comment

Good job!

Comment

Yep curing your own bacon is a game changer.

Comment

Looks awesome, and since I’ve got a 5 pound pork loin in the deep freeze, I’ll be trying this after the American bacon I’ve currently got curing in the fridge is done.

Comment

For some strange reason I feel like curing a pork loin. Good job!!

Comment

I just gave this a try, but with pork tenderloins. I got a 4 pack at Costco. Tied 2 tenderloins together to give it some log shape. Placed them in a brine with brown sugar, salt, garlic, thyme, prag powder 1... left it in the refrigerator for 2 days, then washed, let sit in the refrigerator for 1 day and finally smoked it low and slow for 6 hrs using my Woodwind Pellet grill set at low smoke... which is actually low temp with high smoke.

Once they reached 145 internal, took them off the grill and let them cool and back to the fridge for 24 hrs. Just cut into them this evening and they turned out pretty good. Not bad for a first try.

I was thinking the tenderloin would be just too soft, but nope... it’s just right.

This is is my first attempt at this, next I’ll try with pork belly to see how regular bacon turns out.

Cheers,
                  Ricardo

PS: having a charcuterie slicer would really help get the finished product a more suitable presentation. Will have to consider getting one soon.

Click image for larger version

Name:	EAE0C491-B561-4616-BAE5-9CBF45A65E3A.jpeg
Views:	244
Size:	206.9 KB
ID:	466385

Comment

That looks fantastic Ricardo

Comment

Great work, Ricardo! Things are looking tasty in Palm City!

Comment

Very nice. Well done.

Comment

Beautiful stuff ColonialDawg and Ricardo

Comment

Both of the Canadian bacons in 5his posts look great! Good job guys!

Comment

Very nice Cure & Smoke!! I can't wait to try Canadian Bacon.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X
                              false
                              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                              false
                              false
                              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                              Yes
                              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here