Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Baby backs from last weekend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Baby backs from last weekend

Picked up some baby backs from Sams club and smoked on my campchef pellet grill @ 225. I used the 3-2-1 method just because it’s pretty easy. Prepped them by taking the membrane off, kosher salt, slathered in some yellow mustard, and finished off with MMD. Turned out great everyone enjoyed them. On a different note I am coming into a free goose from some friends that go hunting. Have any y’all cooked one before? Looking for some ideas.

Click image for larger version

Name:	F073F1F4-71A5-4A39-BD31-E8372DA1BA6A.jpeg
Views:	116
Size:	142.6 KB
ID:	437013
    Click image for larger version

Name:	4E1D4C56-2A4A-49D8-9D9D-661D1E390151.jpeg
Views:	111
Size:	110.7 KB
ID:	437012

Comment

Oh and I forgot finished with my favorite bbq sauce Head Country from Ponca City Oklahoma.

Comment

• JustKyle
        JustKyle commented
        Editing a comment
        Have you tried the newest flavor they have? It’s Apple Habanero and it is amazing. I’m typically not a big bbq sauce fan, but it’s one of the best I’ve tried.

My goose has been cooked many times in my life but no, I've never cooked a goose.

Comment

Beautiful!

Comment

Nice job on those ribs! Only wish the picture was bigger. Can't help you with goose myself, but you could try scanning though the Wild Game channel. Seems like I remember seeing goose pop up a time or two.

Edit- Here's some goose talk:

One of my coworkers brought me boneless, skinless canadian goose breast totalling a little over 3 lbs! I was perusing the interwebs and decided to go with this

Hi all Christmas is fast approaching and here in Denmark we traditionally eat whole duck/goose or pork roast for christmas. A lot of people do their duck/goose

Out in the rice fields of Northern Ca we get loads of Snow Geese. They are a blast to hunt and the limits are rather high (15/Person). Unfortunately they

Comment

We pot roasted ALL geese and duck. Ultimate gravy maker and tenderness.

Get the skin black when browning and the flat in the wings (wingette) is the last thing to get tender.

Comment

• HouseHomey
              HouseHomey commented
              Editing a comment
              Awe....Jeeze.... I bet that duck was good.

Ribs look great.

As for the goose, I have nothing. Not a fan of the last goose meat I "acquired" neither were the hounds. So that might tell you something about goose meat.

Comment

Ribs look awesome. Planning on putting ribs on my new campchef for the first time this weekend.

Comment

Also just came into 20lbs of goose breasts. Never have done anything with them smoking wise before so any advice would be much appreciated!

Comment

Baby backs look great! I smoked mine for 6 hours on my Camp Chef and they camo out great!

Comment

Up here we cut out the goose breast, roast it for several hours on a cedar plank. Then throw out the breast and eat the plank.....

Comment

• EdF
                      EdF commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Why when we were kids, we lived in a shoebox in the middle of the highway ...

Your ribs look really good. Have to hear how the geese turn out.

Comment

Hang it in a PBC and "your goose will be cooked" Hardee harr harr!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here