Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Porcelet recipe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does discussing a porcelet mean that that is one way of introducing oneself. I count two on this thread, amazingly. Does one welcome those who introduce themselves while discussing porcelets or do we wait for............. never mind.

BTW, has anybody cooked one other than the esteemed CandySueQ?

Comment

• grantgallagher
      grantgallagher commented
      Editing a comment
      FireMan never a full pig. As far as i know dartagnan dont sell them. I think the poster was referring to either the rib rack or full loin. Ive cooked both and well worth it. I would probably remove the skin on the loin if i did it again

Originally posted by FireMan
    BTW, has anybody cooked one other than the esteemed [USER="920"
    CandySueQ[/USER]?
    I have roasted suckling piglet (10-15 lb) a couple of times. I found them to look impressive, but was totally underwhelmed with the taste. Tastes very much like whatever you season/spice it with. All the piglet added was texture. Even market hogs are lacking in the maturity and fat to be very flavorful these days. A milk fed suckling piglet has even less flavor! Great looking centerpiece, but as a main course... not so much. Best tasting whole hog I ever did was a 350 lb live weight sow. Maturity and fat = flavor!!!

Comment

• CandySueQ
      CandySueQ commented
      Editing a comment
      Hear, hear! Agree 100% with HorseDoctor! Best Hog I ever ate was huge, cooked Cuban cooker style. Seasoned with garlic poked under the skin. Not smoked, roasted and very amazing!

• HorseDoctor
      HorseDoctor commented
      Editing a comment
      CandySueQ Thank you ma'am! I feel validated... but, but, even roasted, the little ones are so cute!

In North Carolina when we roast a whole pig we call it a "Pig Pickin'".

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here