Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Porcelet recipe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HouseHomey
    replied
    Wow, awesome pic!!! I especially love the way you drink your whisky. I need food now. Geeze!

CandySueQ

Leave a comment:

• CandySueQ
    replied
    Yoder 640? You should measure your cooking door and tell the folks at D'Artagnan the size (mainly length) you want it NO LONGER THAN!!! I've cooked a number of small whole pigs in a pellet cooker. It's a matter of heat and mass just like any cook. I usually cook at 240 until it hits around 180 in the big parts. Cook on support, so it's easier to move (if necessary) and take out of the cooker.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	cswhog.jpg
Views:	443
Size:	158.1 KB
ID:	433861Click image for larger version

Name:	PIG3.JPG
Views:	432
Size:	151.8 KB
ID:	433862Click image for larger version

Name:	PIGDONE.JPG
Views:	450
Size:	152.3 KB
ID:	433863

Leave a comment:

• Nate
    replied
    Welcome from Indiana

Leave a comment:

• holehogg
    replied
    Welcome

Leave a comment:

• Henrik
    replied
    Hi Henry and welcome to the pit! I haven't cooked a porcelet, but I know there are members who will help you out shortly.

Either way, since you’re new, and if you haven't already done so, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you:

Give us an email address you actually use. You can check the email we have on file for you by clicking your name in the upper-right, then User Settings, then the Notifications tab. You currently cannot change your email on file with us since it’s tied to your Pitmaster Club account as well as our payment processor, Stripe. Don’t worry though, we’d be happy to change it for you. PM (private message) ”Huskee” with your email change request, or via email at [email protected]

Add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list. We NEVER spam! This is important so you can receive special deals we occasionally work out for our members, receive notices about your account, such as if you’re up for renewal or are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner, which is open to all USA members or those with a USA delivery address (we’d hate to have to pick another person because you don’t answer us)!

Thanks for joining!

Leave a comment:

• Henry
    replied
    I was going to order it online from D’Artagnan. It’s basically the pork version of veal.

Leave a comment:

• HouseHomey
    commented on 's reply
    It's raised on milk by farmers in Europe supposedly making the meat like filet minion soft. Cochon lait. Score one for culinary school with a French curriculum.
    Last edited by HouseHomey; January 3, 2018, 09:05 AM.

• RonB
    replied
    Welcome to The Pit.

Leave a comment:

• ComfortablyNumb
    commented on 's reply
    Piglet, or suckling pig.

• ComfortablyNumb
    replied
    Welcome to the Pit from NE Washington state. Along with tips, techniques, and recipes about BBQ we have a lot of fun. If you like music, go to this thread to hear what others are listening to and share what you like. For jokes, go to this thread. Happy to have you along and looking forward to your participation.

Leave a comment:

• HawkerXP
    replied
    Welcome to the Pit! Ok, I'll say it. What is a porcelet?

Leave a comment:

• HouseHomey
    replied
    No I have not. Where will you find it?

welcome.

Leave a comment:

• Henry
    started a topic Porcelet recipe

Porcelet recipe

Has anyone ever cooked porcelet? I’m thinking of giving it a try and I’d like to hear from those who’ve done it. A recipe would be great. Preferably a recipe that includes using my yoder pellet smoker. Thanks!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here