Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rib pre-rub

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rib pre-rub

Meaty -

I know you usually suggest using olive or veggie oil on the meat as a pre-rub to get the rub to cling to the meat for a better bark. The other day I experimented with using maple syrup instead of oil. On one rack I used just regular old maple syrup (the real stuff, not Aunt Jemima) and on another rack I used a mix of apple cider vinegar and maple syrup. Both were excellent, but I like the vinegar better just for the extra flavor pop. I also injected into the ribs.

Thoughts?

CF this forum is more for members to get together and compare notes than it is a venue to direct questions at Meathead. Any questions you want to pose to Meathead specific to a recipe are best posed on the recipe article itself.

When you say you injected... What is it you injected into the ribs? What rub did you use and how did you cook them? See my post here for the type of information we'd like to see: http://pitmaster.amazingribs.com/for...ost-your-cooks

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here