Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stuffed Pork Loin with Raspberry Chipotle Glaze

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That sir looks incredible. You have some skills not only in the cooking department but also in roast/loin tying. Job well done.
    This will be on my to do list.

Comment

Lol, almost forgot I even did this one

Comment

Well, it turned out really tasty, but there were definitely some execution errors with the knife work and using the skewers to hold it together. End result was more lost stuffing than I thought had happened. I wound up not using cherries in the stuffing since that seemed like it would be too much going on. The glaze came out really well. I left it fairly thin so that it would be good for basting. I like the way that worked. I also saved a bit of the glaze to use as a sauce when serving.

At 100 internal, I opened the cooker up to start adding glaze and to add some butternut squash. Here's how the good side looked after the first bit of glaze:

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1275.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	211.8 KB
ID:	868380

I put the glaze on that side and then flipped it over to put glaze on the other side. At 135 internal, I wanted to check the squash and to do another round of glaze with another flip. Squash wasn't ready, so I let everything go to 145 internal. At that point, the squash was done and the good side looked wonderful:

Name:	IMG_1276(1).jpg
Views:	93
Size:	208.0 KB
ID:	868381

But I think if you look closely, it looks like the outer layer of meat has come unrolled a fair amount compared to the first pic. So the skewers just didn't hold things tight enough to handle the two flips. The side of it you don't see suffered from a split in the meat even though I thought when I was rolling it that I had put the weakest spot buried into the middle of the roll.

Here's a shot after cutting in:

Name:	IMG_1284(1).jpg
Views:	83
Size:	219.4 KB
ID:	868382

It's clear from this that I also just did a poor job on the cutting, as the outside layer of meat on the left in the pic is much thicker than on the right side.

I guess I have to buckle down and learn proper trussing and tying while also working on my knife skills.

The recipe, though, is a total keeper and I'll try it again some day. As my punishment, my serving tonight was from the end that lost the most stuffing:

Name:	IMG_1282(1).jpg
Views:	90
Size:	116.8 KB
ID:	868383

Comment

• Troutman
          Troutman commented
          Editing a comment
          Yea you really need to truss it up with string. Bet it was good regardless, meat looks tender and juicy.

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here