Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Little Monster Arrived

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Little Monster Arrived

My pork belly arrived and it's a monster!
    porchetta porchetta porchetta... Click image for larger version  Name:	10218.gif Views:	1 Size:	1.12 MB ID:	426502Click image for larger version  Name:	10217.gif Views:	1 Size:	1.29 MB ID:	426503
    Last edited by jecucolo; December 20, 2017, 05:18 PM.

Lol, love it! We need more homemade gifs around here.

Comment

• RonB
      RonB commented
      Editing a comment
      I do like Jif - creamy only.

• lonnie mac
      lonnie mac commented
      Editing a comment
      Ooooohhh you and me both brother!

I love this text program. You see a misspelled word you edit and all is good. I wish you could do that with phone text and emails!

Comment

Dang jecucolo, you scared me. I ran outside to see if my Lang (Lil’ Monster) was gone.

Comment

• CaptainMike
        CaptainMike commented
        Editing a comment
        Love the workshop venue

• jecucolo
        jecucolo commented
        Editing a comment
        Ha ha make sure you hold on to you little monster!

Yer sho' nuff Gettin Jiggly, With It!!!
      Happy Smokin', amigo!

Comment

Thank guys. I spent some serious cash on the little monster.
        we will see how Christmas dinner goes.

Comment

OOhhh! I like it! I like it ALOT! Make you you keep us updated with pics please!

Comment

looking forward to seeing this one!

Comment

Wow.... pork belly for Christmas dinner? Tell me what you have planned, amigo?!?!

Comment

Almost climbed under my desk when I saw that shaker! yum!

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	10372.jpeg
Views:	86
Size:	185.3 KB
ID:	427786Click image for larger version

Name:	10374.jpeg
Views:	99
Size:	303.8 KB
ID:	427787

Comment

The belly came with ribs. I removed the ribs and the scored the belly diagonally. The seasoning is kosher salt, garlic, rosemary, sage, thyme, roasted black pepper and fennel and red pepper. I forgot the lemon zest dang it but I will probably squeeze lemon on it during cooking process. I have never made porchetta before. My next challenge is the smoker. I have a 22.5 kettle and pbc. I would really like to use the PBC and hang it but might be too much risk. I could put it on the grill. I'm not sure yet. The roll is 24" long!
                    Anyway it is a fun problem to have. I will send you cooking updates.
                    Last edited by jecucolo; December 23, 2017, 01:22 PM.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here