Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My first ribs.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DogFaced PonySoldier
    commented on 's reply
    I don't know how much I usually use, either, I just sprinkle 'till they're nicely coated. It is probably a bit more than ½ tsp per pound, but my family loves 'em, so I stick with what works!

• DogFaced PonySoldier
    commented on 's reply
    I often just salt them, rub them and throw them on the smoker. I've done overnight with the salt and the rub in the fridge, can't say I noticed much difference, really. Ribs are pretty forgiving, if you ask me.

• DogFaced PonySoldier
    commented on 's reply
    Nope

• Pirate Scott
    replied
    Good Cook, nice save. I usually just sprinkle salt evenly on ribs, similar to what you would find on a soft pretzel. I used to measure by 1/2 tsp. and it seemed too heavy.

Leave a comment:

• bezwong
    replied
    Hey they look pretty good! Keep on chugging along and post more of your cooks

Leave a comment:

• smokenoob
    replied
    Thanks guys! Well, from all the positive feedback, I know what they should look like! Hopefully a minor brine tweek will make them "Last Meal" worthy!

Leave a comment:

• fuzzydaddy
    replied
    They do look outstanding!

Leave a comment:

• smokenoob
    commented on 's reply
    That's a great idea, thanks! I got them from a butcher, I'll ask him to!

• Frozen Smoke
    replied
    Very nice looking ribs! Camp Chef is very well known for outstanding customer service I don't hesitate buying anything from them.

Leave a comment:

• kmhfive
    replied
    Depending on the ribs, they may have been "pre-brined"...most of the ribs at my local groceries and at Wally World have salt already --

For future batches, you might cut a rack in half...use no salt on one-half and 1/4 tsp/pound of Morton Kosher salt on the other half. This gives you something to compare your previous batch to. Then, once you've found the sweet-spot for brining, stick with the same supplier for a while as you perfect your cook!

They look wonderful!

Leave a comment:

• RonB
    replied
    They look very good.

Leave a comment:

• smokenoob
    commented on 's reply
    Camp Chef responded to my email within hours and are FED EXing control board and temp probe, they seem very customer oriented!

• smokinfatties
    replied
    looking great!

Leave a comment:

• DWCowles
    replied
    Beautiful!

Leave a comment:

• DeusDingo
    commented on 's reply
    it's all personal taste and general guidelines. i probably put more than the recommended salt on as well for ribs

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here