Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

St. Louis ribs and my rub for today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

St. Louis ribs and my rub for today

Today I’m cooking 3 racks from Costco dry brined for at least 2 hours with kosher salt and a light dusting of Everglades Seasoning. Before the cook on the PBC I plan to apply a mixture of MMD combined with Bad Byron’s rub because I like the combined flavor and the added heat of the Bad Byron rub. The trick will be to not over salt since 2 of the rubs have salt included!

Lookin' forward to the results.

Comment

Cool! Make sure you let us know how it goes. Watch out for Double-Salt-Jeopordy.

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	06B17B7D-905D-421C-B247-9D7DE44FAF16.jpeg Views:	2 Size:	1.46 MB ID:	424788
        Attached Files

Comment

• Butchman
          Butchman commented
          Editing a comment
          The 2 racks on top are 50/50 mmd and Bad Byron rub.
          The one on the bottom is 50/50 Everglades bbq rub and mmd

Lookin’ good so far! Ribs is one of my favorite bbq foods.

Comment

Looking good! Enjoy those.

Comment

Chicks Dig Ribs!!!

Comment

• jecucolo
              jecucolo commented
              Editing a comment
              Ok that's the first time I heard that one! Too funny! I should have how to smoke meat in my 20's!

Ribs turned out very good but a bit salty. I still ate about 8 or 9 ribs on my own. Almost perfect. Click image for larger version

Name:	105C87F7-39F5-4746-AAD4-151572EDFDD0.jpeg
Views:	88
Size:	274.2 KB
ID:	425133Click image for larger version

Name:	70BEA105-C20E-4E0C-A0D7-DAE9693B246C.jpeg
Views:	80
Size:	194.3 KB
ID:	425134

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
              Jerod Broussard commented
              Editing a comment
              Ugghhhhhh Torture pics!!! Wish I could just skim the tops off both racks.

• HandsomeDave
              HandsomeDave commented
              Editing a comment
              "Almost perfect" You sound like me. I don't think I have ever cooked anything that I didn't think it could be a little better.

• Mudkat
              Mudkat commented
              Editing a comment
              Slurp!

Just fabulous! Cheers!

Comment

Really nice-looking!

Comment

They sure look edible to me. Nicely done 👍

Comment

Awesome! I agree with Jerod Broussard, I want to cut off that bark! Nice going...

Comment

Nice!

Comment

Now that the ribs are consumed I can report back that the Everglades barbecue rub was less salty and turned out better tasting than the ribs with the Bad Byron rub. I like both flavor profiles and will definitely make sure not to fall victim to the double salt Jeopardy with the Bad Byron rub again. Thanks for the kind compliments everyone.

Comment

• jfmorris
                        jfmorris commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I use Bad Byron's here on my butts and ribs, and since it is so salty already, I just use it as my dry brine/rub all in one. I coat the meat generously with my big shaker of Bad Byron's, a couple of hours before the smoke. I used it on a pork loin Monday, and am still eating leftovers. We love the spiciness of Bad Byron's.

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here