Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Christmas ham again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hogdog6
    replied
    Great looking ham, it has been tradition every year for us to do a ham also but this year I told my wife I wanted to do a brisket. She was not happy with the idea of breaking tradition but told me we should put it to a vote with our adult children, to her surprise it was a unanimous vote for brisket. However now I’ve seen your technique, ham may very well return to the menu next year. Thanks for sharing!

Leave a comment:

• Willy
    commented on 's reply
    @CaptainMike--Not sure if you addressed this to me or Henrik, but my idea was just a plain old, uncured, unsmoked piece of raw pork. IMO, I think "cured" would not imply raw.

• CaptainMike
    commented on 's reply
    By unsmoked, do you mean cured or uncured?

• (Smokin' Bill)
    replied
    Henrik, could this be done with a "regular" ham rather than an uncured one?

Bill

Leave a comment:

• FireMan
    replied
    You had me at way better!

Leave a comment:

• Henrik
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks!

• Henrik
    commented on 's reply
    Yes, it is boneless. We always buy ham de-boned here. Tradition I guess. And yes, I started with a raw unsmoked ham.

• HouseHomey
    commented on 's reply
    I'd eat that!

• Mudkat
    replied
    Looks delicious!

Leave a comment:

• Willy
    replied
    I assume you started with a raw, unsmoked ham? Also, I agree with HouseHomey that the cut of pork looks different than what we think of as ham here, for instance, it looks boneless. It'll be interesting to see if, and how, it is different.

Leave a comment:

• Karon Adams
    replied
    Gorgeous! Looks like it will be the perfect Dinner!

Leave a comment:

• Spinaker
    replied
    Yum! Yum! Nothing better at Xmas than Ham!

Leave a comment:

• Henrik
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks! If/when you cook one, be sure to post photos so I can see the difference. Always keen on learning.

• HouseHomey
    replied
    That my friend looks fantastic! Our hams look a little different.

Leave a comment:

• Henrik
    replied
    I just wanted to say that for those of you who don't have glögg at home, any kind of sugary liquid will do. Think concentrated apple juice or similar. The glögg doesn't add as much flavor as it adds sugar.

Leave a comment:

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here