Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Day Before Pork Shoulder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Day Before Pork Shoulder

I am hosting a tailgate apple pie bake off for my BNI network group this Sunday. I plan on chicken wings and a shoulder. I would like to do the shoulder Saturday. Keeping it wrapped in the fridge till sunday then bringing it back up to heat in the KBQ and pulling right before people arrive. All of your input would be appreciated !

I thank you in advance.

I followed @Meathead’s "cook today, serve tomorrow" guide. Turned out great!

If you must cook your meat in advance and serve it the next day, here are some useful tips, courtesy of award-winning pitmaster Mike Wozniak. His tips and tricks work wonders for make-ahead smoked beef brisket and pork shoulder and can even be used for barbecued ribs if you're in a pinch.

Comment

• Baker Dan
      Baker Dan commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you

I've done pork butt the day ahead. What I've done that worked out well is to cook and prep AS IF I am going to serve that day. I hold in the cambro, pull it and the whole nine yards. I bag the pulled pork in gallon ziplock bags and add some apple juice. The next day, first I move the I add a bit of apple juice to the pan and reheat on my WSM or Hasty-Bake, with some smoke added. I've had pretty good reviews from folks when I had to do it that way. For example, for my neighbor's daughter's HS graduation party.

Comment

• texastweeter
      texastweeter commented
      Editing a comment
      same, but I use pork or chicken stock and some butter instead of apple juice and I don't pull it ahead of time.
      Last edited by texastweeter; November 6, 2017, 08:03 PM.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here