Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Country ribs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Country ribs

Country Style ribs (but their boneless?) that I bought from a supper market that is mostly Mexican oriented, dusted with MMD, grilled in my GMG Davy Crockett with my home made 2nd shelf.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF1014.JPG
Views:	97
Size:	289.3 KB
ID:	406455

Name:	DSCF1015.JPG
Views:	88
Size:	227.2 KB
ID:	406456

Name:	DSCF1016.JPG
Views:	78
Size:	194.5 KB
ID:	406457

Cooked with Mesquite pellets.
    7hrs. on the grill + 1hr in the cambro. Funny looking ribs (sense they are not really ribs) but they taste pretty good.

Name:	DSCF1017.JPG
Views:	79
Size:	464.6 KB
ID:	406458

Those look Great, amigo!!!

Comment

Lookin good. My understanding is that country style ribs are just pork shoulder sliced up to look like individual ribs. Maybe someone knows for sure...

Comment

• Darchie03
        Darchie03 commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes that's what they really are, don't know why they can't just say sliced butt.
        Dave

• texastweeter
        texastweeter commented
        Editing a comment
        pork steak cut (sliced pork butt) into strips, sometimes butchers use a loin roast to make the boneless ones too I have heard.

I’m not sure RonB but those ribs sure look mighty tasty.

Comment

• Darchie03
        Darchie03 commented
        Editing a comment
        They are pretty tasty.
        Dave

Delicious!

Comment

Those look great. I like the shelf idea too.

Comment

• Darchie03
          Darchie03 commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks, I Don't remember where I got the idea for the shelf, may have been here in the pit but it is simple got the rack off amazon & the hardware is stainless screws, nuts, & washers. It works very well.
          Dave

Steve B RonB I love me some sliced butt, I cannot lie. I like the boneless ones better. Those look Fantastic!

Comment

• Darchie03
          Darchie03 commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks, I like sliced butt also.
          Dave

Beautiful!

Comment

Good color on those ribs. We like to slice shoulder into steaks and cook them the same way. Always a crowd favorite. Oh yea nice shelf too !!!

Comment

I love that shelf. I have the Daniel Boone and bought their shelf, but it only covers half of the grate front to back. Country style are fabulous. If you are looking for another rub idea, Penzeys has one called Bicentennial Rub that is excellent on country style ribs.

Comment

• Darchie03
              Darchie03 commented
              Editing a comment
              thanks for the info I may try that.
              Dave

I have heard that country style ribs were cut from the shoulder, but all I see here in CA are cut from the rib end of the loin, and when I was a meat cutter in FL, ours were cut from the rib end of the loin, and could be boneless of bone in.
            I have never cooked any, and would like to know how tender they came out? Youf pics sure look highly edible.

Comment

• Darchie03
              Darchie03 commented
              Editing a comment
              They are quite tender they were cooked at 215°F for 7hrs. then in the cambro for 1 hr. I never new there was such a thing as tough pork until I quite raising my own pigs, & had to start buying it in the supermarket. It was a shock first time I got tough pork.
              Dave

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here