Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pressure Cooked Ribs.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pressure Cooked Ribs.

I am cheating today. With the wet weather, I decided to break out the pressure cooker and finish them off in the oven.

I know, I know it is blasphemy and my weber feels neglected.

Shoulda just put some tomato sauce in the PC, and gone eye-talian. It's truly not bad at all - once in a while.

Actually when I was a kid, it was one of our favorites!
    Last edited by EdF; October 29, 2017, 03:58 PM.

Comment

Sometimes you just want ribs!

Comment

Lacked the good old flavor of smoke. Not bad, but I was wishing for more

Comment

• kmhfive
          kmhfive commented
          Editing a comment
          Yep. Hard to get a nice even smoke flavor without using smoke somewhere!​​​​​​​​​​​​​⠀‹â€‹â€‹â€‹â€‹â€‹â€‹â€‹â€‹â€‹â€‹â€‹â€‹â€‹â€‹â€‹â€‹ ​​​​​😜😁

• Potkettleblack
          Potkettleblack commented
          Editing a comment
          They make liquid smoke for that. Two drops in the PC and you’re gold.

• phoccer
          phoccer commented
          Editing a comment
          Good to know Potkettleblack My InstantPot Duo60 arrives tomorrow!

Ribs are still ribs, an' delicious!
        Nothin' wrong with cheatin' yer cook, now an' again...

Comment

• hogdog6
          hogdog6 commented
          Editing a comment
          Ditto

I will just have to get wet. 😊

Comment

• texastweeter
          texastweeter commented
          Editing a comment
          use a bigger hat.

• DWCowles
          DWCowles commented
          Editing a comment
          Don’t need a hat

I bet they're still great because they're still ribs!

Comment

• Steve R.
          Steve R. commented
          Editing a comment
          This is correct., and the existence of McRib proves it.

As long as you didn't boil them, you're good! And you can always add a little liquid smoke for some flavor.

Comment

• Potkettleblack
          Potkettleblack commented
          Editing a comment
          Technically, a pressure cooker is just extreme boiling.

The terries won one today.

• Thunder77
          Thunder77 commented
          Editing a comment
          Oh no!! 😱

BigJoe Sometimes nothing but ribs will do. Good for you to be able to stay dry and enjoy them. Do you broil them too after getting them out of the pressure cooker and giving them a bit of a roast in the oven?

Kathryn

Comment

Well let the blasphemy continue (Meathead cover your ears) but one of my still favorite recipes is ribs in the oven braised in apple juice with kale, onions and whatnot. Still cook that on a rainy winter day every now and again. And yes it is a "boiling" rib recipe!!!!!

Comment

• Huskee
            Huskee commented
            Editing a comment
            Nuttin' wrong with that if it tastes good in the end. My parents finally started cooking ribs about 2 years ago. They do 'em in the oven. My dad likes mine but has no interest in smoking them. "Too much work" he says. "You do you" I say!

It's been a long time since I did this, but throwing some ribs in a CrockPot with some BBQ sauce and some (read lots of) sliced onions is a fine meal. Serve over rice or mashed taters and eat with a knife and fork.

Comment

Alton Brown has a good oven ribs recipe with white wine in the braising liquid. Google them. I've only made them a couple of times but they are good.

Comment

I do broil them after pressure cooking. Slather them with BBQ sauce

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here