Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to keep track of multiples while cooking?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to keep track of multiples while cooking?

I’m not sure where this post belongs, so I’m posting here since I’m cooking three slabs of baby backs...

i have three slabs from Sam’s that I will be smoking on Sunday. I’d like to do each slab differently as an experiment, but I’m afraid I may lose track of which is which because they will all be similar.

Does anyone have any good tips on how to mark or identify similar cuts cooking at the same time?

Maybe a bamboo skewer through one rack, in between the bones, two skewers on another, no skewers on the third.

not necessary in that order. ; )

Comment

• Daddio on the Patio
      Daddio on the Patio commented
      Editing a comment
      Not a bad idea. I thought about toothpicks but was afraid they’d succumb to the heat.

Toothpicks would work fine

Comment

That's as good as I can think of, but I think butcher's twine would work too.

Comment

toothpicks were my first thought also.

Comment

If ya' burnin' up toothpicks, ya' might be cookin' yer ribs too dang hot
          Jus' Sayin...

Comment

• DWCowles
            DWCowles commented
            Editing a comment
            😊👍

• Steve R.
            Steve R. commented
            Editing a comment
            That was my first thought, too. Burnt toothpicks might be a symptom of a worse problem.

Toothpicks for sure, that's what I use.

Comment

Going with toothpicks for the win!

Thanks everyone

Comment

• Mr. Bones
              Mr. Bones commented
              Editing a comment
              ¡Viel Glück, Mein Bruder!
              Fotos, bitte...

toothpicks again

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here