Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boston Butt Cook with a view...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boston Butt Cook with a view...

Loaded up the kettle and went to my parents to cook a couple of butts for a party they are having tomorrow...

Dry Brined the night before...Chris Lilly Injection, Mustard and Memphis dust this morning...then 10 1/2 hours on the smoker...

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0044(1).JPG
Views:	108
Size:	48.9 KB
ID:	398581

Name:	IMG_0045(1).JPG
Views:	106
Size:	123.1 KB
ID:	398585

Name:	IMG_0047(1).JPG
Views:	105
Size:	60.8 KB
ID:	398582

Name:	IMG_0050.JPG
Views:	103
Size:	133.2 KB
ID:	398583

Name:	IMG_0051.JPG
Views:	109
Size:	126.6 KB
ID:	398584

clb239 it doesn't ever look better than that. The view, and I'm talkin' the pork butts here, is amazing.

Comment

• clb239
      clb239 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks...They came out really good...I got lucky...didn't wrap and barely had a stall...

Beautiful!

Comment

Great lookin' cook.

Comment

Wonderful!

Comment

That is some fine looking pork - nailed it I would say. Great job!

Comment

At first I was frightened. Seeing the kettle in the back of the truck. Thought oh boy we’re In trouble now.
            But seeing that beautiful lake front view and the pull after the cook.
            Damn brother you hit this outa the park. 👍👊👌💪

Comment

Thats awesome!

Comment

Seriousl Nice! Great work.

Comment

The cook! The view! A job well done, I'd say!

Comment

Two nice-looking meteorites seem to have landed at that idyllic lake setting. The perfect beginning to a sci-fi thriller--or a delicious meal. I'd go for the meal. Congrats on a great cook!

Kathryn

Comment

• Mr. Bones
                      Mr. Bones commented
                      Editing a comment
                      True both dat!, Doc!
                      Fine lookin' scenario, view, an', if I might add...
                      Nice butts!

I wonder, does Stephen King ever browse th' Pit???

Monsters are real, and ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes, they win.
                      S.K.
                      Last edited by Mr. Bones; October 21, 2017, 06:36 AM.

Thanks for the comments. Naturally we nibbled on some last night and it tasted pretty good...Hopefully it will reheat just as good for the party today...

I got lucky by not hitting much of a stall...I did get nervous at one point....about 7 hours in I flipped them to get some better bark on the bottom...after that the temp on one started dropping and dropped over 15 degrees and stalled...the other kept on increasing slowly...when the one that dropped temp finally started to rise there was about 25 degree difference...when one got to 203 degrees I checked them both with an instant read and both were almost at temp...

The one with the issue was an older probe and the one that was correct was a new probe...

Sometimes it doesn't matter how you get there as low ng as you get where you want to be...

Comment

Very nice looking pork, way to set the scene , outdoor living out in the yard on the lake and making a smooth party that day, that's what I call loving mother and father with hugs and food

Comment

Awesome view! Great looking cook, too. They are going to reheat just fine. Enjoy family, friends, and the pulled pork

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X
                        false
                        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                        false
                        false
                        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                        Yes
                        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here