Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Store-Bought Buns for Pulled Pork

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• texastweeter
    commented on 's reply
    +1

• shify
    commented on 's reply
    They sell those, or something that resembles those, at Whole Foods. Not worth the money. All looks and no substance. They are usually pretty stiff and dry.

• jecucolo
    commented on 's reply
    I served pork butt for my grandson's birthday and his father bought white bread. I thought it was a little too simple but everyone loved it.

• Attjack
    commented on 's reply
    Not everyone enjoys the taste of white bread or potato buns either, and if they ARE pretzel buns everyone WILL notice the type of bread =)

Another option is go to a local bakery.

• Attjack
    commented on 's reply
    Even for over $4 a piece?

• jlazar
    replied
    I would go with slider or potato buns. Not everyone enjoys the taste of the pretzel bun (but I would). More important is to have onions and pickles. If you have those and the beef, no one will notice the type of bread.

Leave a comment:

• EdF
    commented on 's reply
    I'd eat that!

• Attjack
    replied
    Found these on Amazon but the price is beyond ridiculous.

Click image for larger version

Name:	413d2y3LnTL.SX500_SY385_CR,0,0,500,385_PIbundle-24,TopRight,0,0_SX500_SY385_CR,0,0,500,385_SH20_.jpg
Views:	636
Size:	35.2 KB
ID:	398505

Leave a comment:

• jgg85234
    replied
    I, too, would vote for "slider" sized rolls if it’s a crowd. Makes the meat go farther, especially with those really hungry (normally guys) who pile the buns high with meat. They’ll take as much as they can fit, but are a little shy about returning for seconds, thirds or fourths. At least it slows them down a little.
    King’s Hawaiian, Potato rolls or Pretzel rolls.
    Best regards,

Jim

Leave a comment:

• EdF
    replied
    Well, some people say to get the cheapest white supermarket buns you can find! It's the meat, not the wrapping!

Leave a comment:

• JCGrill
    replied
    Or if you are feeling ambitious, bake your own. I broke out my mom's old recipe this year and it was a marginal success. With a little more practice it's going to be lights out.

Leave a comment:

• fzxdoc
    commented on 's reply
    me too. But for family, they love pretzel buns.

• fzxdoc
    commented on 's reply
    Oh, gosh,@Guttenberg , this is so good, the saltiness of this bun balanced with the sweetness of pulled pork. If you can find them, get them. If you want to make them, then have fun with it.

Kathryn

• Guttenberg
    commented on 's reply
    I like your style

• kmhfive
    commented on 's reply
    I agree. When I smoke meat for work, I tell them I’m bringing meat. If they want sides/buns/etc., it’s on them.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here