Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Store-Bought Buns for Pulled Pork

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steve R.
    replied
    All the above are really good, but I don't get too fancy when it comes to buns. Some of the best BBQ joints I have ever been to just serve it up with a couple of slices of plain old white loaf bread. More often than not, when people are coming over and ask what to bring, I just make sure somebody is bringing buns and go with whatever they bring.

Leave a comment:

• shify
    replied
    Martin's Potato Rolls. Best buns out there for bbq or burgers.

Leave a comment:

• Nate
    commented on 's reply
    Excellent recommendation

• Spinaker
    replied
    Kings Hawaiian and Pretzel Buns, look no further.

Leave a comment:

• Spinaker
    commented on 's reply
    Agreed!

• DWCowles
    replied
    King Hawaiian 👍

Leave a comment:

• droopie69
    replied
    I love the KH buns with pulled pork!!!!

Leave a comment:

• Guttenberg
    commented on 's reply
    Good pick, those are nice and sweet. And works with RonB reco too.

Thanks all.

• CandySueQ
    replied
    Kings Hawaiian. Little buns make great sliders.

Leave a comment:

• RonB
    replied
    You might consider slider buns. They are a little smaller but come 12 to a pack. If one is not enough for anyone, they can go back for more. At Costco, there won't be much of a selection, so you will be stuck with whatever they have. If slider buns sound good, check their price before going to Costco. Compare the price per bun between the two, and then decide. But remember that you will use more slider buns since they are smaller.

Leave a comment:

• bardsleyque
    replied
    I use the franz sesame buns from costco

Leave a comment:

• Attjack
    replied
    I'm all about the pretzel buns.

Click image for larger version

Name:	pretzel-rolls-recipe-fp.jpg
Views:	649
Size:	97.5 KB
ID:	398215

Leave a comment:

• Guttenberg
    started a topic Store-Bought Buns for Pulled Pork

Store-Bought Buns for Pulled Pork

I'm going to make about 40lb of Pork Butt for my office next week and doing the shopping this weekend at Costco. I'd like to pick up buns if I can while I'm there. Does anyone have a good recommendation for a store-bought bun that won't kill my budget?

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here