Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Blasphemy Ribs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My first try at Blasphemy Ribs since my surgery. (I am recovering pretty well.)

Click image for larger version

Name:	blasphemy-ribs-plated18.jpg
Views:	804
Size:	80.5 KB
ID:	800248

Name:	blasphemy-ribs-close18.jpg
Views:	849
Size:	49.9 KB
ID:	800247

Comment

• klflowers
      klflowers commented
      Editing a comment
      Glad you are recovering well. Eating ribs will definitely help whatever ails you.

• fzxdoc
      fzxdoc commented
      Editing a comment
      Good to hear that you're getting better. Here's hoping that therapeutic dose of Blasphemy Ribs speeds your recovery along!

Best wishes,
      Kathryn

• HawkerXP
      HawkerXP commented
      Editing a comment
      Glad to see you back in action!

Glad you are recovering well!

Comment

• RickyBobby
      RickyBobby commented
      Editing a comment
      I’m digging that new profile pic, sir!

• SmokingSteve
      SmokingSteve commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks RickyBobby! It would not look even half as nice if it wasn't for you, oops, I mean my Secret Santa, LOL!

Mgaretz recommends cooking blasphemy ribs at 225F for 2 1/2 hours total cook time. That will turn out some wonderful ribs.

Unfortunately I'm having trouble going quite that low and slow as I am learning how to use my new charcoal cooker. Here are my suggestions for adapting his method to a slightly higher cook temperature --

If your cooker is running around 275F / 135C, give or take a bit, try reducing the total cook time to about 2 hours. Smoke the ribs for about 1 1/2 hours, coat with sauce, and then return the ribs to the cooker for another 1/2 hour to set the glaze and finish the cook. Remove the ribs from the cooker and either serve immediately or hold the ribs in a covered container at 150F / 65C for a short time while you finish the rest of the meal.

I've been noshing on the scrawniest rib at the 1 1/2 hour mark to see if that sample is to my liking as far as tenderness goes. If it is, then I'll sauce at that point and end the cook at 2 hours total. If not, I'll go for the longer time.

FWIW, I don't see a great deal of difference between baby backs and St Louis cut ribs. What I am seeing is I get better results with nice meaty ribs as opposed to ones that are on the scrawny side.

Comment

Hi Everyone. I wanted to announce that I have created a site about Blasphemy Ribs and related recipes. You can see it at blasphemyribs.com.

Thanks to every one here that gave me permission to use their comments in the Testimonials section. If you don't see yours, check your messages here and respond to my request. If you'd like to write a testimonial, send me a message here or do it on the site at the end of the testimonials page.

Comment

• FlipperPhilsy
        FlipperPhilsy commented
        Editing a comment
        My crazy corner store sells individual beef ribs that are left over after trimming the rack. By no means high quality or identical size, they are still highly edible. The price is low enough, i bought 15 for less than 17 dollars and crockpotted. I am inspired atm

• klflowers
        klflowers commented
        Editing a comment
        I like the site. Looking forward to seeing what you do with it. I think I'll be a supporting user.

• tbob4
        tbob4 commented
        Editing a comment
        You are awesome!

Another batch of Blasphemy Ribs, served with oven roasted baby potatoes and steamed spinach.

Name:	blasphemy-ribs-plated19.jpg
Views:	600
Size:	54.1 KB
ID:	853637

Name:	blasphemy-ribs-close19.jpg
Views:	619
Size:	28.8 KB
ID:	853636

Comment

• smokenoob
        smokenoob commented
        Editing a comment
        Great call! My spinach must always be accompanied by meat to!

Just a quick note to let everyone know that if you are proud of your blasphemy, you can tell the world (ok, maybe just your family right now) with a Blasphemy Ribs T-Shirt. Order here: https://blasphemyribs.com/swag/

Name:	blasphemy-shirt-mockup.jpg
Views:	601
Size:	19.0 KB
ID:	857454

Comment

Dad has a WSM that hasn't used in a while bc "ribs take too long" and "grilling is easier".
        To be fair, the man knows his way around a grill.

But I'm going to fire that baby up tomorrow and give the blasphemy ribs a try.

Pics to come......
        Attached Files
        Last edited by BFlynn; June 6, 2020, 02:17 PM.

Comment

I have added Men's XXL shirts as well as women's style shirts, so they are now available for purchase, but they take a few extra days as I don't keep these shirts in stock. https://blasphemyribs.com/swag/

Click image for larger version  Name:	blasphemy-shirt-mockup-womens.jpg Views:	0 Size:	25.5 KB ID:	857892
          Last edited by mgaretz; June 6, 2020, 01:43 PM.

Comment

OK, the One Truth of Blasphemy Ribs is that you have to cook one slab per person. They are so freakin' amazing that you will eat one slab by yourself. Here is a slab cooked on the KBQ (all gone now) pictured with homemade Texas HotGuts and smoked Mac N' Cheese. I used the Blasphemy Rib Rub and a blend of 2/3 of Meathead 's Kansas City BBQ sauce and a Korean BBQ sauce that I found here (but can't find the link to right now). Yum!!

Click image for larger version  Name:	blasphemy_ribs6-21-20.jpg Views:	0 Size:	2.07 MB ID:	866999
            Last edited by 58limited; June 21, 2020, 04:47 PM.

Comment

Just wanted to remind everyone that Blasphemy Ribs T-Shirts are ready to ship. A lot of you said you wanted them, but so far no one here has bought one.

Buy a Blapshemy Ribs T-Shirt to show the world you have embraced the blasphemy!

Comment

• mgaretz
                mgaretz commented
                Editing a comment
                Thanks! Shipping today!

• jlazar
                jlazar commented
                Editing a comment
                Surprised at the price increase for the XXL and women's shirts. Now 30% higher than Nike tshirts at Academy.

• mgaretz
                mgaretz commented
                Editing a comment
                It’s because I have to buy the blanks onesie twosie and not in bulk. The shirts cost a little more and the shipping to get them to me kills. I actually only break even on those.

My Fourth of July batch of Blasphemy Ribs. Served with roasted Brussels sprouts.

Reminding y'all that Blasphemy Ribs T-Shirts want to be worn by you!

Name:	blasphemy-ribs-plated20.jpg
Views:	468
Size:	45.9 KB
ID:	875773

Name:	blasphemy-ribs-close20.jpg
Views:	465
Size:	41.3 KB
ID:	875772

Name:	blasphemy-ribs-close20b.jpg
Views:	488
Size:	24.4 KB
ID:	875771

Comment

Way to think outside the box, love it. Awesome name too 👍

Comment

Maybe I missed, but do you use a water pan when using this method?

Comment

• BFlynn
                    BFlynn commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I have done them with a water pan in the WSM and without a water pan in the PBC. Both turned out well.

• rodkeary
                    rodkeary commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I do mine on the 22" Weber kettle without water in the S&S and they are awesome.

• mgaretz
                    mgaretz commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I do not use a water pan, but I have a pellet grill.

Name:	8DD0F69D-B951-4AE8-9603-6314D0CE2ED7.jpeg
Views:	363
Size:	131.4 KB
ID:	883096 I First time trying this yesterday on the Weber 26 with SNS. Turned out really good, will definitely be doing these again.

Name:	31731542-9E5B-488A-91B6-DD5DED741335.jpeg
Views:	336
Size:	252.2 KB
ID:	883095

Comment

I liked the idea of more bark from a previous thread and gave the "Country ribs", aka sliced boneless pork butt, a shot for pulled pork.

Got about 6 lbs of Country ribs at Costco and dry brined the overnight and then dusted them with Meathead's Memphis dust. Round toothpicks to pin together the loose bits.

Decided to start w/ a couple of hours at 180F then go to 225F. Ended up taking a walk w/ wife and they were at 180F for closer to three hours. Cranked up temp and the ribs got to 203F at about 10 hrs. ( I thought it would have been much shorter time). Threw them in tray and pulled them. WOW!!! massive smoke ring and bark in every bite. Definitely going to do this again.

One thing about the Costco pack was the ribs were of different sizes which allowed me to arrange them on my LG900 smallest on left to largest on the right to account for the 30F temperature differential across the cooking grate of the LG900.

Will certainly do this again!! Thanks to Mgaretz for the idea.
                    Last edited by MauleGuy; July 27, 2020, 06:21 PM.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here