Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Blasphemy Ribs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mgaretz I tried these today to take to a Thanksgiving gathering, I followed the recipe to a tee, turned out great! I will definitely cook them again! Everyone that tried them was impressed! Thank you for sharing your method with us!

Comment

Another batch of the blasphemy - served with steamed cauliflower in butter.

Click image for larger version

Name:	blasphemy-ribs-plated17.jpg
Views:	578
Size:	67.2 KB
ID:	780273

Name:	blasphemy-ribs-close17.jpg
Views:	603
Size:	44.3 KB
ID:	780272

Comment

Made with St. Louis cut. I may have eaten a couple or 3 before they were brought inside.

Name:	IMG_1225.jpeg
Views:	472
Size:	214.1 KB
ID:	784394

Comment

• Craigar
          Craigar commented
          Editing a comment
          Pitmaster privilege.

• crazytown3
          crazytown3 commented
          Editing a comment
          They look great! And there is nothing wrong with sampling the wares before serving. Sometimes my wife will ask me why I'm not eating with the rest of the family. Answer: I've already eaten.

Are these double blasphemy, 1/2 blasphemy, or twin blasphemy?

Click image for larger version  Name:	20191229_184421.jpg Views:	0 Size:	2.71 MB ID:	784909Click image for larger version  Name:	20191229_190158.jpg Views:	0 Size:	2.47 MB ID:	784910 Click image for larger version

Name:	20191229_190732.jpg
Views:	495
Size:	103.4 KB
ID:	784913Click image for larger version  Name:	20191229_190743.jpg Views:	0 Size:	2.04 MB ID:	784912
        Attached Files
        Last edited by treesmacker; December 29, 2019, 11:48 PM.

Comment

• mgaretz
          mgaretz commented
          Editing a comment
          Any difference in timing or temp. They look like they came out good. How did they taste?

• treesmacker
          treesmacker commented
          Editing a comment
          mgaretz To be honest, I didn't pay too much attention to this cook. I was kinda distracted with other stuff. I used a rub found in a jar - home made labeled "pork rub", used that. Cooked at 180 for an hour for smoke. Raised to 225 for 2 hours spritzing w/ apple juice. Wrapped in foil with a bit of apple juice, raised to 275 for 1 hour, then Coke sauce from Raichlen book and into 275 oven for just 15 minutes. They were terrific, but I think just slightly overcooked - fell off bone kinda.

That's what I call Double Indemnity Blasphemy!

Comment

That’s called I want to eat those NOW!

Comment

Name:	IMG_6461.JPG
Views:	413
Size:	260.8 KB
ID:	786252

Name:	IMG_6482.JPG
Views:	496
Size:	113.3 KB
ID:	786251
            I did Blasphemy Ribs EXACTLY per the recipe, for New Years Day... and it was awesome!! Less work and less TIME than traditional style. I cooked them on the KBQ. The recipe was perfect exactly as is, I don't feel the need to change anything.

I brined overnight - and the next day when I took the ribs out, there was a good amount of liquid in the bottom of the bag. Is that normal? Or did I lose flavor when that happened?

I'll be doing it again for this Saturday's dinner party / high school reunion thing. Can't wait!

Thanks for sharing this great recipe!

Comment

I was hoping to make some Blasphemy Ribs yesterday as my last batch before my upcoming back surgery (Jan 8th - tomorrow as I type this), but alas I was out of baby backs, so I made meatloaf! Anyway, the surgery is pretty major so I won't be able to do any cooking for a while. But I'll be lurking so don't forget to post your cooks here and for goodness sake try this recipe if you haven't yet!

Comment

• Dr. Pepper
                Dr. Pepper commented
                Editing a comment
                mgaretz Aha! The baby back expert is going to submit to the grown-up back expert! Best to you.
                Last edited by Dr. Pepper; January 7, 2020, 06:21 PM.

• jgreen
                jgreen commented
                Editing a comment
                Best wishes!! Hope all goes well.

• Sweaty Paul
                Sweaty Paul commented
                Editing a comment
                Good luck on your surgery and wishing you a speedy recovery

Here's hoping that the surgery goes well and that your recovery is as fast and as pain-free as possible. A major surgery is always a cause for concern, so know that I'm thinking of you and cheering you on. I'll make some Blasphemy Ribs in your honor while you're away from your smoker.

Best wishes,
              Kathryn

Comment

• mgaretz
                mgaretz commented
                Editing a comment
                Thanks Kathryn (and everybody else). Please do make some BRs in my honor. Be sure to post pic!

mgaretz I hope all goes well with your surgery. I feel your pain. I had back surgery last year so I know how it feels. Aint no fun.

Anyway speedy recovery and best wishes. I look forward to seeing your cooks in the very near future. Troy

Comment

Any kind of "major" surgery is no fun. Do what they say. Get out of that hospital ASAP. Do your physical therapy. Looking forward to hear your hot nurse giving sponge bath stories. sorry that just slipped out. pbc...?

Comment

Prayers are with you. Back surgery always makes me nervous.all though I had good results.

Comment

Best of luck with the surgery ... and be sure to heed the good advice already given (you know ... about doing what they tell you. physical therapy, etc.). Just remember ... no pics ... then it didn't happen ...

Comment

Good looking ribs.Bet they really taste good.

Comment

This was my third time making blasphemy ribs and I'm really happy with the way they came out! Smoked on the Weber Performer with pecan wood.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X
                        false
                        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                        false
                        false
                        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                        Yes
                        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here