Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Blasphemy Ribs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Haven't been around in a while and actually haven't smoked much either, but I am planning another batch of these this weekend.

Just wondering if anyone else had actually tried this method yet? If so, what were your results?

Comment

• Spinaker
      Spinaker commented
      Editing a comment
      I have not, but it is good to see you back, Mark.

So do you just place them on a rack in any specific orientation? Those look really good

Comment

They do look great, did you use baby backs, St. Louis style or spare ribs?

Comment

Originally posted by rmeugene View Post
        So do you just place them on a rack in any specific orientation? Those look really good
        I put them on a BBQ pan (stainless flat thingy with holes). If they will stand up so the arch of the bone is off the pan, I will do that, but most often they just lay on one side. In fact I have generally given up trying to stand them up.

Comment

Originally posted by Redwng View Post
          They do look great, did you use baby backs, St. Louis style or spare ribs?
          I have only used this technique with baby backs (so far).

Comment

It his hereby noted as "Blasphemy Ribs " by mgaretz.

Comment

• Craigar
              Craigar commented
              Editing a comment
              Dilly, dilly!!!

Here is the batch of Blasphemy Ribs I made yesterday. As before they came out great. Great smoke flavor and just the right amount of bite. And done in just 2.5 hours!

Click image for larger version

Name:	blasphemy-ribs2.jpg
Views:	360
Size:	52.0 KB
ID:	450036
            Didn't get the sauce on quite evenly.

Here's a closeup of the interior of a rib:

Name:	blasphemy-ribs-close2.jpg
Views:	351
Size:	34.6 KB
ID:	450035

And here is the whole meal. Served with cole slaw with my homemade dressing and tater tots.

Name:	blasphemy-ribs-plated2.jpg
Views:	333
Size:	54.6 KB
ID:	450038

Finally, made some char siu style ribs at the same time for the wife, who prefers them over the normal style:

Name:	csribs8.jpg
Views:	354
Size:	47.8 KB
ID:	450037

Comment

• EdF
              EdF commented
              Editing a comment
              My wife likes those better too!

Even though you messed up on the sauce, we’ll let it slide. I am definitely going to give this a shot, maybe next week. We are going into another deep freeze & I’ll be fighting my 14 F rule til Saturday it looks like. Thanks for the innovation, very cool!

Comment

This is at the top of my "To Do" list! Thank you mgaretz .

Comment

mgaretz Thank you!! You have confirmed a thought I had, but hadn't tried yet. Your meal and Ribs look excellent!! Thanks for sharing your great success.! I will be copying soon...)

Comment

Great looking ribs! Very interesting and I find amazing that none of us have tried. I certainly will be trying this soon. To quote someone who is a big deal around here....

”No rules in the kitchen or the bedroom.”

Comment

Originally posted by dirtman View Post
                    Great looking ribs! Very interesting and I find amazing that none of us have tried.
                    I agree. Folks you really should try this. If you are skeptical, next time you do ribs cut two or three off the end of the rack and cut them apart and toss them in a baggie with Memphis Dust or your favorite rub. (add some salt if you are not using the original MD recipe or your rub doesn't have salt) Put your rack on and 2.5 hours before the rack is done, put these extras in the smoker. With 1/2 hour to go, baste them with BBQ sauce. That's optional, and FYI I use Sweet Baby Ray's Brown Sugar and Bourbon.

Comment

Got 'em all seasoned and in da fridge. Gonna introduce them to smoke this afternoon. My impartial panel of testers is coming by to offer an assessment.

Comment

I think this technique makes a smoked rib meal during the work week a legitimate and very doable option. Also, I think this technique is well suited for the mini eggs, aka mini max and joe junior. I will be doing this. Also, my wife is now thrilled with our acquisition of the joe junior and is eagerly learning to use it. I think this becomes something that the typicall non grilling spouse can do! mgaretz you have hit the jackpot , for this I am in your debt. Is there an Amazing Ribs "hall of fame". I think this is to the BBQ world, what intermittent wipers were to the auto industry...Seems so simple but such a convenience!

Comment

Hmmm... trying to figure out how to do this in a PBC/drum...

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                          No announcement yet.
                          Working...
                          X
                          false
                          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                          false
                          false
                          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                          Yes
                          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here