Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Blasphemy Ribs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thunder77
    commented on 's reply
    I love those Tuscan ribs!

• Dadof3Illinois
    commented on 's reply
    Those look great!!!..nice job. I did these this past weekend for the first time and found out about need to cut back a little on the smoke. Also wrapped a few in bacon and they were darn tasty too.

• IowaGirl
    replied
    Two racks of St. Looey style ribs done this past weekend. 2 1/2 hours on the nose at 225F. This time I used my 18 inch Smoke Vault propane smoker rather than my Weber gasser, and got better control over my temps. Meat was rubbed with no-sugar, no-salt Memphis Dust. At 2 hours, I sauced the ribs with a thin coating of locally made Lynch BBQ sauce cut about 1:1 with homemade peach jam. I used maybe 1/3 cup of sauce for 2 racks to add a little shine and a light fruity kick. Served with fresh sweet corn, baked beans, and locally brewed hard cider.

Click image for larger version

Name:	blasphemyRibs 2019 09.jpg
Views:	559
Size:	125.8 KB
ID:	747979

Leave a comment:

• scottdware
    replied
    That looks amazing, mgaretz! Thanks for sharing this!

Leave a comment:

• Mosca
    replied
    When I do my Tuscan style, I think of them as Blasphemy Ribs with Italian seasonings. They aren't really chewy; they're steak-y.

Leave a comment:

• IowaGirl
    replied
    "...others have found this also works for St. Louis cut ribs with the same temp and timings. I suspect full spares would behave the same...."

I agree with this. I did a rack of St Louis spares this past weekend that were Duroc pork from Compart Farms in southern Minnesota.

My Weber gas grill has a hard time settling at 225F -- it swung between 225 and 250F during this cook. The meatiest ribs were done perfectly at the 2 1/2 hour mark -- succulent and bite-off-the-bone tender. I kept the smaller ribs closer to the front of the grill where it's a little bit cooler. They were a tiny bit drier at 2 1/2 hr, but they were still very acceptably tender and moist.

Next time I'll use the smoker so I can keep the temp dialed in at a consistent 225F, and I think they'll all be perfect.

Leave a comment:

• jlazar
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks

• mgaretz
    commented on 's reply
    The latest version is actually in the first post in this thread. I updated it recently.

• jlazar
    replied
    mgaretz You first posted about Blasphemy Ribs almost two years ago. What tweaks/changes have you made to improve the recipe/technique since then. By the way, the few times I made them, they were great.

Leave a comment:

• fzxdoc
    commented on 's reply
    I can't believe I haven't tried this yet. Every time you post a photo my mouth waters.

Kathryn

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here