Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Blasphemy Ribs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• smokenoob
    commented on 's reply
    Great call! My spinach must always be accompanied by meat to!

• mgaretz
    replied
    Another batch of Blasphemy Ribs, served with oven roasted baby potatoes and steamed spinach.

Click image for larger version

Name:	blasphemy-ribs-plated19.jpg
Views:	603
Size:	54.1 KB
ID:	853637

Name:	blasphemy-ribs-close19.jpg
Views:	624
Size:	28.8 KB
ID:	853636

Leave a comment:

• tbob4
    commented on 's reply
    You are awesome!

• klflowers
    commented on 's reply
    I like the site. Looking forward to seeing what you do with it. I think I'll be a supporting user.

• FlipperPhilsy
    commented on 's reply
    My crazy corner store sells individual beef ribs that are left over after trimming the rack. By no means high quality or identical size, they are still highly edible. The price is low enough, i bought 15 for less than 17 dollars and crockpotted. I am inspired atm

• mgaretz
    replied
    Hi Everyone. I wanted to announce that I have created a site about Blasphemy Ribs and related recipes. You can see it at blasphemyribs.com.

Thanks to every one here that gave me permission to use their comments in the Testimonials section. If you don't see yours, check your messages here and respond to my request. If you'd like to write a testimonial, send me a message here or do it on the site at the end of the testimonials page.

Leave a comment:

• HawkerXP
    commented on 's reply
    Glad to see you back in action!

• fzxdoc
    commented on 's reply
    Good to hear that you're getting better. Here's hoping that therapeutic dose of Blasphemy Ribs speeds your recovery along!

Best wishes,
    Kathryn

• IowaGirl
    replied
    Mgaretz recommends cooking blasphemy ribs at 225F for 2 1/2 hours total cook time. That will turn out some wonderful ribs.

Unfortunately I'm having trouble going quite that low and slow as I am learning how to use my new charcoal cooker. Here are my suggestions for adapting his method to a slightly higher cook temperature --

If your cooker is running around 275F / 135C, give or take a bit, try reducing the total cook time to about 2 hours. Smoke the ribs for about 1 1/2 hours, coat with sauce, and then return the ribs to the cooker for another 1/2 hour to set the glaze and finish the cook. Remove the ribs from the cooker and either serve immediately or hold the ribs in a covered container at 150F / 65C for a short time while you finish the rest of the meal.

I've been noshing on the scrawniest rib at the 1 1/2 hour mark to see if that sample is to my liking as far as tenderness goes. If it is, then I'll sauce at that point and end the cook at 2 hours total. If not, I'll go for the longer time.

FWIW, I don't see a great deal of difference between baby backs and St Louis cut ribs. What I am seeing is I get better results with nice meaty ribs as opposed to ones that are on the scrawny side.

Leave a comment:

• SmokingSteve
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks RickyBobby! It would not look even half as nice if it wasn't for you, oops, I mean my Secret Santa, LOL!

• RickyBobby
    commented on 's reply
    I’m digging that new profile pic, sir!

• klflowers
    commented on 's reply
    Glad you are recovering well. Eating ribs will definitely help whatever ails you.

• SmokingSteve
    replied
    Glad you are recovering well!

Leave a comment:

• mgaretz
    replied
    My first try at Blasphemy Ribs since my surgery. (I am recovering pretty well.)

Name:	blasphemy-ribs-plated18.jpg
Views:	808
Size:	80.5 KB
ID:	800248

Name:	blasphemy-ribs-close18.jpg
Views:	854
Size:	49.9 KB
ID:	800247

Leave a comment:

• FlashHokie
    replied
    This was my third time making blasphemy ribs and I'm really happy with the way they came out! Smoked on the Weber Performer with pecan wood.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here