Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Show us your National Pulled Pork Day cooks!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had no idea that today is National Pulled Pork Day. However, by happenstance, our fare for this evening was pulled pork and beans. I had good intentions of pictures, but failed miserably. Here's the "before" and the leftovers.

Click image for larger version

Name:	before.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	113.9 KB
ID:	394414

Name:	leftovers.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	108.9 KB
ID:	394415

Comment

• Spinaker
      Spinaker commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for sharing!

I made ribs & chucks for the fam & I last night through the night. While talking about it at work Tues night a guy I work with handed me some cash to get & smoke some chucks for him too. Then as I was firing up the cookers yesterday evening, a gal from work who heard our conversation stopped by with 15lbs of pork butts to cook for her...LOL! Kinda caught me off guard there. But, I'm always game to cook! So I started prepping the newly-arrived pork butts and then I was trying to figure out how to cook all this on 2 kettles (4 chucks, 2 racks ribs, and 4 pork butts) without having to fire up the Yoder since I wasn't feeling well and didn't want to full-on tend a fire this time...thankfully I have the PBC sitting there....so I fired it up and placed the pork in it.

Ribs- 2 small baby backs (2.25lbs ea) cooked with almond wood, on at midnight
    Pork butts- 15lbs in 4 separate chunks, on the PBC with 2 cherry wood chunks, on at 7:30pm
    Chucks- ~10lbs cooked with almond and orange wood on at 6:30 pm

All of it was done about 6:30-7am this morning. The gal from work (a fellow night shifter) stopped in a little after 7 this morning after she got off work to pick them up. She had a great dinner.
    The dude I did the chucks for lives 2 blocks from work so he came by as I got here tonight and got it from me. He tasted it (cold now of course) and couldn't stop eating it...cold! He'd never heard of pulled beef before.

The family had the ribs today and the pulled beef while I slept. Here I am at work doing an OT shift eating pizza. What's wrong with this picture?? Lol. Cooking for friends and family is rewarding enough. Plus there's surely some pulled beef left at home....I hope...

I didn't get pulled pork pics, but got ribs & pulled beef pics. Sharing them anyway #sorrynotsorry

Name:	image_49238.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	170.7 KB
ID:	394425

Name:	image_49239.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	79.8 KB
ID:	394426

Comment

• HawkerXP
      HawkerXP commented
      Editing a comment
      Nice job, sorry your feeling down. PBC to the rescue!

• Danjohnston949
      Danjohnston949 commented
      Editing a comment
      Huskee, Aaron, With all those OT $'s❗️ Can't You Hire a FIRETENDER ❓❓ 👍👍👍👍👍 ‼️ 🤗😇🤗
      Eat Well and Prosper❗️ From a Backyard Cremator in Fargo ND, Dan

• Spinaker
      Spinaker commented
      Editing a comment
      I think the OT$ go to there kiddos or at least the Mrs!. LOL Danjohnston949

That looks Delicious, Huskee!!!
    Hope ya' get feelin' better, Brother!

Comment

• Huskee
      Huskee commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you!

Originally posted by Spinaker View Post
    As some of you may know, today is National Pulled Pork Day in the US of A!! I chose to cook two Costco pork shoulders last night, to serve today for my co-workers. They are always down for a mid-day feast. Is there anyone else serving up some pulled pork today in honor of this great National Holiday?
    Click image for larger version Name:	Chemsol Cook:Pulled Pork.JPG Views:	1 Size:	2.56 MB ID:	394027
    I can clearly see all of the crusty bark chunks that I would immediately go after if I were there!! Looks great.

Comment

• Spinaker
      Spinaker commented
      Editing a comment
      oh Yeah! We went all the way on the PBC. No wrapping, hooked the whole time. It was amazing. Great flavor and really thick bark! Thanks for the kind words!

• Huskee
      Huskee commented
      Editing a comment
      Agree that looks wonderful. Like a grown up candy dish where you can pick out your favorite pieces.

• Spinaker
      Spinaker commented
      Editing a comment
      The pieces at the bottom of the crock where the best. All the fat and salt settle down to the bottom, once it sits long enough. Huskee

you rascal rabbit pulled pork Spinaker you ......trick or treat look's like a great treat

Comment

I have that same slow cooker.

I didn't take pics, but I had some frozen pulled pork vacuum sealed in the freezer, and some leftover huli huli sauce. So I thawed it out, mixed in the sauce, and made some pulled pork sammies for dinner. Not as good as fresh, but it did the trick. I think most of us are not big on sauce, but try the huli huli with pulled pork sometime.

Comment

Missed the day, but I was within the octave of the celebration.

Name:	FD3C9A23-9C2E-4444-B2C9-CB5B3CE52D7D.jpeg
Views:	91
Size:	115.5 KB
ID:	396761Click image for larger version

Name:	7F2CFAA9-868B-4552-8A8F-325EDACFDCA5.jpeg
Views:	91
Size:	84.2 KB
ID:	396760Click image for larger version

Name:	71707BA5-A6F1-40B4-9431-DD779C70CD96.jpeg
Views:	100
Size:	86.9 KB
ID:	396762

Comment

• HouseHomey
          HouseHomey commented
          Editing a comment
          Ok, how's about the pan under said "pork butt." The one on the cooker?

• Spinaker
          Spinaker commented
          Editing a comment
          Yummy!

• kmhfive
          kmhfive commented
          Editing a comment
          I understand the question, now HouseHomey ! So, it’s trimmingd from the Butts and Apple juice. Wanted to catch the drippings and add a little Apple flavor to mix back in after pulling the meat.

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here