Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pork, Potatoes, and the Pit Barrel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pork, Potatoes, and the Pit Barrel

Back ribs at $3.49/lb. Was able to find a couple of small 2.6+ pounders. Oldest three step-kids are out of town so it is just the 4 little ones and my wife and I. Modified Memphis Dust, and I guess them are Russet Potatoes. The Great-Grate works GREAT!!
    Last edited by Jerod Broussard; July 22, 2014, 04:01 PM.

Baked potatoes and ribs, works for me.

Comment

Done. Potatoes needed a little more time. Easy fix. I purposely put less charcoal on one side of the basket to reduce charring on the ends......and forgot about it. Brain child. Still turned out great as I like those crispy ends anyways. Tried less salt. Not for me. Good, but could use an extra little kick. Wife would like some chipotle. Gotta love it when you can still make the best better.

Comment

Back ribs at $3.49? Today, at Costco, they were $3.99 (Salt Lake City, Utah). See my post at "Discount Meat" topic: $2.99/lb. in bulk (55 lbs.).

Comment

Originally posted by Jerod Broussard View Post
        Back ribs at $3.49/lb. Was able to find a couple of small 2.6+ pounders. Oldest three step-kids are out of town so it is just the 4 little ones and my wife and I. Modified Memphis Dust, and I guess them are Russet Potatoes. The Great-Grate works GREAT!!
        I am sure you've already answered this question a thousand times but... Great-Grate? did you just snip out some metal on another size grate or is someone producing this thing? your engineering genius is astounding.

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
          Jerod Broussard commented
          Editing a comment
          Steve Navarre on the PBC page toted around the idea. Someone else came up with the prototype. I merely coined the phrase and cut mine own out of a charcoal grate for a 22.5" weber kettle using a dremmel tool.

• pittkappasig
          pittkappasig commented
          Editing a comment
          where is this elusive PBC page?

I bought 17 racks of back ribs and 6 racks of spare ribs for 1.99 lb and 16 ribeyes for 6.99 lb. I love them on sale deals

Comment

Originally posted by DWCowles View Post
          I bought 17 racks of back ribs and 6 racks of spare ribs for 1.99 lb and 16 ribeyes for 6.99 lb. I love them on sale deals

DWC, Sir... really?... You haven't gotten that signature filled out yet? Check out tip #1.

Comment

• David Parrish
            David Parrish commented
            Editing a comment
            Check out my tip#1 I linked above (the red text is a link you can click). Tip #1 shows you how to fill out the signature and also where it appears after you've completed it.

• DWCowles
            DWCowles commented
            Editing a comment
            Ok I think I did it...not for sure

• David Parrish
            David Parrish commented
            Editing a comment
            Still not there. Send me what you want in your Sig and I'll add it for you. Send a personal message that is.

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here