Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

last meal ribs awesome

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

last meal ribs awesome

Today was my first time cooking last meal ribs. I reserved 8 baby back ribs from my local butcher for the boys at the fire hall. I'll tell you I was surprise when I pick them up they were monsters something you'd see on the Flintstones I'm sure anabiotic's were a big part of their diet I didn't have a chance to talk to the butcher but I'll find out. I salted and put them in the fridge for four hours, made a batch of Memphis dust coded them and into the smoker they went at 250 for four hours, then onto the propane barbeque wish it was charcoal oh well and used my homemade ( Canadian )whiskey barbeque sauce. My start time was supposed to be noon but we received a call and had to respond. I manage to get them on at 1 when we got back. I had fingers crossed for the first hour that we stayed put so I could get all the smoking done and that worked out OK. The smoker I use (now don't laugh ) is a master built electric it works for me for now but as I've been reading I'm definitely getting a charcoal smoker. I pretty well have it narrowed down to 2 the good one Marshall or ABS bar-be-cube any how. I used a mixture of 2/3 Hickory 1/3 Maple small chunks and did three burns each one is 20 minutes. Dinner was supposed to be at five and ended up being 530 due to a later start but we all realize that times can change when you're at work. Their size had me a little worried so I was going to put them in a crutch at two hours but we received another call and I got it on at 2 1/2 hours. I had to laugh as we sat down to eat and I handed out the ribs we use large dinner plates at the hall and they were hanging over each end by lots. There was eight of us eating and we found out that half a rack worked fine so you had room for coleslaw and beans afew of the guys even said they were going to save half for later or take them home. When all was done there was only bones coleslaw and beans left LOL. I keep hearing this but a few of the guys said they were the best ribs they've ever eaten. So thank you Meathead for the wonderful recipe I'll keep trying them I'm sure they're all going to be wonderful. Just to give you an idea the pan that they're on after being cooked is 22 inches long. I'm thinking women are pretty smart and I to would like to have this for my last meal. Here's some pictures of my success enjoy.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0318.JPG
Views:	86
Size:	99.5 KB
ID:	385515Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0320.JPG
Views:	84
Size:	94.8 KB
ID:	385516Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0321.JPG
Views:	94
Size:	99.0 KB
ID:	385512Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0324.JPG
Views:	89
Size:	79.2 KB
ID:	385517
    Attached Files

That's about the normal upper end of back ribs. Notice I left out the "baby."

Comment

Looks great nice job

Comment

I've never seen fireman leave anything in a kitchen when eating longer than 60 seconds. That must have been a big pot of beans.

Comment

wow if they tasted like they looked they would not last driving home. since my first (Rookie) test cook will be Turkey before I cook on Thanksgiving. I can not wait until my my second cook will be Baby back Ribs cook..cheeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrssss on a great job

Comment

Congrats on a successful cook.

Comment

A fireman and a smoker... sounds like great things are coming! Great job on those Bbacks! They do look huge!

Comment

Nice cook Great post. Congrats!

Comment

What a great reward for the team at the end of a working day. I can almost smell those ribs. They look great.

Kathryn

Comment

The "Call Gods" must favor you as I'm surprised that you didn't get a call as you plated them. If I had a nickel for every time that happened.......

Comment

Beautiful!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here