Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pre sliced pork butt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pre sliced pork butt

Smoke it just the same or something different? Thanks.

For risk of it drying out I would try to tie it up as if it were one chunk and then proceed as normal.

Comment

Personally, I'd do something different with it, like bulgogi. Throw some dark brown sugar, ginger, garlic, sesame oil, green onions, fish sauce (go easy on it) and soy sauce into a blender. Use half of what you make to marinate the meat for 3 hours or so in a ziploc bag. Simmer the other half to thicken it into a nice sauce. Cook the meat over high direct heat. It's the yummy.

Comment

thanks....I'll let ya know after the weekend

Comment

The only way I have had pre-sliced pork butt is done in the oven smothered in an onion gravy.

A little Gullah place on Edisto Island used to serve it daily (Main's Market), but it has been shut down for a couple of years now.

The sliced butt in gravy with a side of greens, red rice, cornbread and bread pudding was a great meal from there I have sincerely missed.

Good luck on yours!

Comment

If you are talking about country style ribs, I cook them higher than what most people will do. Dry brine for a day or so, apply rub, lay them on the grate in the PBC. When they get about 190, sauce and put back in until they get to about 200.

Pull apart perfection.

Click image for larger version

Name:	csr5.jpg
Views:	437
Size:	69.9 KB
ID:	38695

Comment

I have been thinking about buying some pimento wood chips on line and using pre-sliced shoulder to make Jamaican jerk pork. I was thinking it shouldn't have to smoke very long. King of like pork chops.

Comment

Forgot to reply....turned out great. Thanks to everyone.

Comment

What did you end up doing with it? Method?

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here