Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Baby Back Bark Revival

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Baby Back Bark Revival

Hello All,

I was wondering if anyone has pointers on how to revive the bark on baby back ribs after holding for 1-2 hours. I'm newer to the smoke bbq scene. Still using a Master Built electric smoker. Usually it takes longer than expected to cook b/c of the lower air flow and long stalls.

For the first time I had ribs ready before I planned them to be-- by almost two hours. I tightly wrapped them in multiple layers of heavy foil, then towels. But when it came time to eat, the bark was soggy. Tried crisping them up on our gas grill quickly on high heat, but no such luck. The bark was still a bit soggy than usual.

Anyone have experience holding ribs and maintaining the crisp bark?

Thanks!

I don't have an answer, but I love the title of your post. It makes me want to start a Bluegrass band and bogart that name.

Comment

• mtbiker
      mtbiker commented
      Editing a comment
      I spent more time coming up with the title than the post itself.

Welcome mtbiker

Comment

You might have better luck wrapping with butcher paper.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here