Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rib Tips Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rib Tips Question

I've got some rib tips from trimming some ribs a while back and need to make room in the freezer so I want to cook them tomorrow night.

Any suggestions on on cooking them...should I chop them before or after the cook...what this the best way to tell when they are done...

Thanks In Advance...

I don't know what's best, but I just cook them as is. Doneness. I don't remember. They just look right.

Comment

I've spent time trimming all those little white pencil like bones out but it's a tedious pain to me so lately I just cook them with the ribs. They get done sooner but how soon I don't know, I'd probably check them at 3-4hrs but I've let go the whole time too.

Comment

Here's what I mean up with...

Dry brined then coated in MMD...after smoking chopped them up and placed in a plan with my burnt ends glaze...

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0042.JPG
Views:	91
Size:	181.1 KB
ID:	378228

Name:	IMG_0447.JPG
Views:	92
Size:	84.5 KB
ID:	378227

Comment

Hmmmm, what to do wiff wib tips that are twimmed fwom wibs to to fit in the fweezer?
          Well, Cook em Danno.

Comment

Here's some Rib Tips that I cooked in the Oven. Just goto YouTube and do a search for "Old Man Cooking". The search should come back with something like "Barbecue Ribs - Texas Style",
            --Ed

Name:	Oven_RibTips.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	142.4 KB
ID:	378527

Comment

• Mr. Bones
              Mr. Bones commented
              Editing a comment
              Glorious lookin' Ribs, Ed!!!!

• clb239
              clb239 commented
              Editing a comment
              They definitely look good...

This website can make a person hungry...

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here