Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yeah I did it, found the rabbit hole

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Found a couple (sort of) that might help...
    Attached Files

Comment

• tbob4
      tbob4 commented
      Editing a comment
      Like button not working. "Like"

• Steve B
      Steve B commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh boy I'm getting excited now.

Haha, now you'll be knocking off liquor stores for money to buy ingredients, but you're no stoolie!!
    Last edited by CaptainMike; September 10, 2017, 10:44 AM.

Comment

• tbob4
      tbob4 commented
      Editing a comment
      Big news for you and ecowper - The COSTCO had the big belly's AND sliced belly today. I asked the butcher if they were going to continue to stock it. He said "yes" - just like brisket the demand is now high. I'm assuming that means for all of us here in the west.

• CaptainMike
      CaptainMike commented
      Editing a comment
      Oooooh, interest piqued! I have to go to Redding next week and see the dreaded Costco trip in my future.

• ecowper
      ecowper commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh dang tbob4 that would cost me a lot of money

I put a pork belly in brine this afternoon, before I saw your effort. I feel woefully weak and inadequate. But I'm pretty sure I'll get over it once I get it smoked and partially eaten (gotta save some for beans, and some for borracho soup).

Good job!

Comment

O M G ! ! !

garlic maple, jalapeño maple andpeppered maple bourbon smoked in hickory.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4111.JPG
Views:	69
Size:	131.4 KB
ID:	380638

Maple bourbon smoked in applewood.

Name:	IMG_4112.JPG
Views:	77
Size:	112.1 KB
ID:	380637
      Slices of the jalapeño bacon.

Name:	IMG_4116.JPG
Views:	67
Size:	109.6 KB
ID:	380636

Slices of the peppered bacon.

Name:	IMG_4117.JPG
Views:	75
Size:	135.9 KB
ID:	380639
      Slice of the still warm applewood smoked bacon.

Name:	IMG_4114.JPG
Views:	75
Size:	108.2 KB
ID:	380635

At at this point I'm thinking it should be a crime to buy store bought bacon.

Comment

• ComfortablyNumb
        ComfortablyNumb commented
        Editing a comment
        You were warned.....Enjoy!

• tbob4
        tbob4 commented
        Editing a comment
        Great photos and cook!

R2rusmc officially has the "jones" for bacon! On a side note, by your handle it appears you have a couple of kids in the Marine Corps. If so, thank you and them for serving our country.

Comment

• R2rusmc
        R2rusmc commented
        Editing a comment
        Um excuse me but I'm the Marine in my family. Thank you for your support.

• CaptainMike
        CaptainMike commented
        Editing a comment
        Then a hearty OOH RAH to you, Leatherneck!!! And a heartfelt thank you. My Dad was jarhead too.

Oh, that is excellent!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here