Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Guess what time it is kids?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just made this yesterday too! Without the bourbon. Definitely doing that next time. My first time. So good.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3787.JPG
Views:	79
Size:	150.3 KB
ID:	373616

Comment

ecowper - Thank you very much!!!! My COSTCO had the pork belly. Yahoooo!!!!!

Comment

That's awesome tbob4!

Comment

• tbob4
          tbob4 commented
          Editing a comment
          I think I'm going to do something very different with it. I am just going to stare at it. It took me 15 minutes to sort through the 6 that they had so why not? How much of the fat did you trim off of the bottom?

tbob4 .... I have to be honest, i have never, ever, trimmed the pork bellies I use for bacon. The only cutting I do is to divide the belly up into thirds so it fits into a gallon ziplock bag. I typically buy 9 to 9.5 lb bellies ... because it makes my life easy to divide it up into gallon bags and to calculate my cure. I have my cure built for 3 lbs of pork belly that is 1 inch thick and going to cure for 5 days.

If you want more details, shoot me a note.

Comment

• EdF
          EdF commented
          Editing a comment
          Better organized than I am, but I never trim these either.

I never trim bellies either. I actually have friends who beg me to pick out the fatter packages when I gift bacon to them. One couple has a pair of daughters who do junior triathlons and the like. The girls refer to my fatty bacon as high energy "flavor packets".

The bellies I get from either Costco or Sam's (both center cut Smithfield Farms) run 4 1/2# - 5 1/2# and fit great in 2 gallon Ziploc bags for the curing process.

Comment

Oh yeah!!!!!

Comment

Mmmmmmm. Bourbon Bacon!

Comment

Oh my, does that look good! I am getting a craving for some more homemade bacon...

Comment

I love the bacon recipe. I just finished cooking my third batch of bacon. It is true once you smoke your own bacon it is hard to eat anything else. I did one adding sriracha to the maple recipe and one adding chipotle powder to the regular recipe. It seems the chipotle had the best heat.

Comment

I think we need a sticky for bacon recipes. That way we can share our experiments.

Comment

• Derickls
                    Derickls commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I Agree!

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here