Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pork rind for Pork Burnt Ends

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pork rind for Pork Burnt Ends

I am going to order my first pork belly for burnt ends. Do I order it with the pork rind or without? I've been given a choice by my butcher.

Order the pork belly with out the skin. Or have them remove it at the shop and give it to you separately. It is a pain in the backside to remove yourself. If you want to make cracklin's that is. Otherwise just order it without the skin on.

Comment

I have done burnt ends skin on before. I didn't cutall the way through the skin and at the end put it skin side down over higher heat to crisp them up, it was differend, one side crispy like skins, the other like burnt ends, I must admit the little part in the middle was chewey though... I should perfect this technique.

Comment

but to answer your question, when going for straight sweet stickey artery clogging holy crap, I feel like I might be cheating on my wife this is so sinful pork belly burnt ends, go skin off.

Comment

Thank you gentlemen. Order has been placed. Now waiting for Labor day weekend to cook and enjoy!

Comment

BTW... Ordered without the skin. Cracklins in the future. Don't wanna bite off more than I can chew. 😑

Comment

and fyi when I make them, I use meatheads Memphis dust by the book to rub them, then some of his Kansas city style bbq sauce with extra honey in it for the glaze....bites of heaven...

Comment

• Mudkat
                Mudkat commented
                Editing a comment
                Roger that brother.

• texastweeter
                texastweeter commented
                Editing a comment
                I am envious of you brother, you really don't know what you at in for.

• Mudkat
                Mudkat commented
                Editing a comment
                Speaking of what you're in for... Are you in the path of Huricane Harvey?

no sir. We live in Whitehouse, just outside of Tyler TX

Comment

Good to hear! Been cooking all day so I have'nt watched coverage. Getting my updates on AR.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here