Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SLC Ribs and BACON!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SLC Ribs and BACON!

Not nearly a much fun as it sounds, because it took place over two days. The first cook was the St. Louis Cut Ribs, aka: "Last Meal Ribs," due to the inclusion of Meathead's Memphis Dust. And it came out pretty darned good, too!

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0968.JPG
Views:	44
Size:	164.3 KB
ID:	362753

Once again, I have to report that splitting that rack of ribs with my wife was was NOT a problem. Plenty of meat, in fact, there were a couple of ribs from the very end left over. I know, it's considered heresy around here, but that's just the way it is.

And now for the BACON:

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0970.JPG
Views:	77
Size:	170.3 KB
ID:	362754

Now this will drive some of you completely crazy. This hunk of marvelous meat was cut into thirds. Yep! That would be 3 pieces. We simply do not eat very much bacon around here and I would hate to have it turn bad. I'd much rather thaw out some more, when needed. I guess you could call this one the "Original Recipe," just some hickory smoke, and well, you can look it up on the web site.

Oh, and before I go, I've got to get a message to EdF! I'll be making some of your cold slaw, very soon. Couldn't resist something called, "I Fought the Slaw and the Slaw Won!" And I won't forget your embellishment with the Olive Oil.

Mike S.
    Spring Hill, FL

That looks awesome!! I love pork belly.

Comment

Both are great lookin'.

Comment

Mmm, good! I love pork belly and ribs. Hard to pick a favorite. Nice cook!

Comment

Beautiful!

Comment

Bacon looks awesome. I need to get my hands on some pork belly soon!

Comment

Nice even bark on the ribs and the bacon looks and sounds delicious!

Comment

Very nice!

Comment

Originally posted by Mike S. View Post
                  Not nearly a much fun as it sounds, because it took place over two days. The first cook was the St. Louis Cut Ribs, aka: "Last Meal Ribs," due to the inclusion of Meathead's Memphis Dust. And it came out pretty darned good, too!

Click image for larger version  Name:	DSCN0968.JPG Views:	1 Size:	282.7 KB ID:	362753

Once again, I have to report that splitting that rack of ribs with my wife was was NOT a problem. Plenty of meat, in fact, there were a couple of ribs from the very end left over. I know, it's considered heresy around here, but that's just the way it is.

And now for the BACON:

Click image for larger version  Name:	DSCN0970.JPG Views:	1 Size:	299.8 KB ID:	362754

Now this will drive some of you completely crazy. This hunk of marvelous meat was cut into thirds. Yep! That would be 3 pieces. We simply do not eat very much bacon around here and I would hate to have it turn bad. I'd much rather thaw out some more, when needed. I guess you could call this one the "Original Recipe," just some hickory smoke, and well, you can look it up on the web site.

Oh, and before I go, I've got to get a message to EdF! I'll be making some of your cold slaw, very soon. Couldn't resist something called, "I Fought the Slaw and the Slaw Won!" And I won't forget your embellishment with the Olive Oil.

Mike S.
                  Spring Hill, FL
                  Well, (Mike S.) I can't take the credit - it came from the original guy listed, via Elder Ward who added the olive oil, then the Naked Whiz. But transmission of the tradition is a good thing! Enjoy! And don't forget to put it on the sandwich.

Really great looking bacon!

Comment

I have been making all of our bacon for a couple of years now. Pork belly from Costco, cure with Mortons Quick Cure and cook to 160 degrees. Then slice and freeze in breakfast size packs. Works really great. My next batch will include Memphis dust. The only problem is that this makes me a bacon prude because you can't find bacon in restaurants that is near as good as I can make on my BGE, or any good bbq where you have good control over the temperature. Life is good.

Comment

• EdF
                      EdF commented
                      Editing a comment
                      We solved that by almost always eating at home! ;-)

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here