Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First run with my backwoods Chubby 3400

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First run with my backwoods Chubby 3400

Breaking in my BWS with 37# of pork shoulder today Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5020.JPG
Views:	582
Size:	99.6 KB
ID:	355977Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5021.JPG
Views:	567
Size:	119.0 KB
ID:	355980Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5022.JPG
Views:	580
Size:	56.2 KB
ID:	355978Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5023.JPG
Views:	648
Size:	56.0 KB
ID:	355979 I got about 9 hr burn time on the first load of Charcoal was hoping for abit longer but it held 225-230 the whole time, snapped the last pic as I reloaded and switched the racks around, I think they are looking good so far

Looking great!

Comment

Sweet! That's a lot of great looking food!

Comment

Last couple times I've gone with KC Classic Sauce and I know it always goes over well with the crowed, but is there another one I should give a go?

Comment

NorthOfTheBorder While KC Classic is a great sauce, it can be a little on the sweet side for some people, like my wife. So what I will do is cut it with cider vinegar and toss in a pinch or two of cayenne for a little more bite. I usually start with about a cup of sauce and slowly whisk in the cider vinegar until I get the taste and texture my wife is looking for. Since she thinks pork is a little on the rich side, the added vinegar helps cut through the pork richness and the sauce's sweetness.
          Last edited by Craigar; August 2, 2017, 12:31 PM.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
            Mr. Bones commented
            Editing a comment
            Any 'guesstimate' on added vinegar, Brother?
            Jus' a ballpark, eyeball would gimme a start, an' save time...
            I almost never sauce, but others do...
            I make my own, never doctored up store-boughten...

• Craigar
            Craigar commented
            Editing a comment
            Probably at least two tablespoons. I drizzle it in while I'm whisking so I don't have an exact measurement. It is one of those eyeball and taste concoctions. Whisk and drizzle for about about 10-15 seconds, taste, repeat as necessary.

Nice cook! Do you use a fan like the CyberQ or similar, or is it running 'by itself'?

Comment

No it's running all by itself, wanted to see how stable it is before convincing my better half I need another toy, but so far I'm happy with how stable it burns

Comment

They do indeed look good.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5030.JPG
Views:	588
Size:	62.7 KB
ID:	356175 Another peak and pic during another refuelling most are sitting at ~190 so their getting close

Comment

• Spinaker
                  Spinaker commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Whoa Doggies!!!!! Nice #barkfactory!!

Meteor Alert !!!!

Looks fantastic, Amigo !!!!
                Great First Run!!!
                More pics, please, Sir???

Comment

Beautiful!

Comment

Excellent!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here