Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Interesting Article

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interesting Article

Interesting article on the origins of BBQ.

Thanks! Very interesting.

Comment

Very interesting. I live in Chesterfield County and have been to that "now defunct" restaurant. It was called The Farmhouse. I do remember the sauce on the ribs had peanut butter in it, but it's been so long that I don't remember if I liked them or not.

Devil's Backbone Brewery does make some very good beers too. Their Vienna Lager has won a number of gold medals for that style several years ago.

Comment

Thanks for this, those recipes sound awesome.

Comment

Good article. Thanks!

Comment

Interesting how Virginia is claimed to be the brith place of BBQ. (And it may be) Yet you never hear, "oh Virginia style BBQ is served there." You always hear "Texas-Style" or "Carolina-Style" or "Memphis-Style." After reading the article "Virginia-Style" BBQ sounds pretty awesome.

Comment

• Klenny
              Klenny commented
              Editing a comment
              When I saw this, the first thing that popped into my mind was Virginia ham. I do not associate VA with BBQ. (Sorry Virginians)

Very Interestin', indeed!
            Cool receipts, too..
            Thanks!!!

Comment

I gotta try that Goober Sauce. Thanks for that article.

Comment

Thank you for the share.

As a proud Virginian by birth, I was pleasantly surprised to read this article. Surprised because I don't recall any decent BBQ restaurants in Tidewater until the late 80's when Beach Bully opened off 31st Street near the Virginia Beach oceanfront.

​​​​​​[FYI- BB is now on 19th Street, and still serving excellent BBQ]

Comment

Yes, Virginia, there is a BBQ: Barbecue History And Culture As Told By AmazingRibs.com

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here