Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spares or Baby Backs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spares or Baby Backs?

Just a quick question, which are meatier and juicier, spare ribs or baby backs?
    As always,
    Thanks!

Baby backs

Comment

Spares are generally larger, but I prefer baby backs myself.

Comment

Spares for sure here. Extra meat on baby backs is usually lean loin meat that tends to be dry. Spares have more fat (juicier) and I'm one that considers that a good thing!

Comment

You can't go wrong with either one when they are cooked just right.

Comment

My vote is for Baby Backs.

Comment

Cooked properly, I say baby backs for meaty.

Comment

Spares are have more fat and cook much more uniformly. I don't care for the loin meat on baby backs. Don't get me wrong I love both, but when I am in the store and cooking for myself, its spare ribs every time.

Comment

• Nate
                  Nate commented
                  Editing a comment
                  +1 on this.

I used to be a baby back guy but I'm slowly shifting to spares. The dry loin meat really ruins the baby backs. The babies without the loin meat are to die for though. Huge meaty bites.

Comment

Spare Ribs cut down St. Louis style is my preference.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here