Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

St Louis ribs on Char Griller Akorn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

St Louis ribs on Char Griller Akorn

I spent a weekend 2 hours away from Chicago in Coloma Michigan with family and my father in law bought a new Char Griller Akorn to replace our old Charcoal grill. I seasoned it last night and cooked on it today after a day at the beach. I gotta say, I'm very impressed with this grill/smoker. While I can't vouch for the grill-ability, it was pretty close to set it and forget it for 4.5 hours at 275 degrees for St Louis ribs. Came out great! I'm not going to get a BGE or Komado Joe any time soon, very happy with my 22in WSM. But if I was, I might think about getting this model and making some mods to make it perform better and I'd be stoked. Usually people are wary of the quality of Char Griller products, but this was a great cook.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170715_191613.jpg
Views:	543
Size:	196.6 KB
ID:	347759

They look great. I've had many a great cooks on my Akorn for over 5 years.

Comment

Looks great!

Comment

Good lookin' ribs!

Comment

Beautiful!

Comment

Fine lookin' ribs.

Comment

They seem like a great deal, good options. Have Fun!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here