Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pulled pork!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That looks great, marshall .

To answer your earlier question, adding more MMD at the beginning, as rat88 suggested, will give the PB even more flavor. I probably use 3 times what you did. We fight for the barky pieces at my house, because they're so good.

Kathryn

Comment

• Steve R.
      Steve R. commented
      Editing a comment
      Same here. I have been cutting the 8#'er in half to make even more bark.

Beautiful!

Comment

does it turn out the same way cutting them I n half for more bark, ? I like that idea Steve R., also it should cook a little faster correct?

Comment

• kmhfive
        kmhfive commented
        Editing a comment
        They do turn out similar, but with more bark. However, you don't buy too much in time savings because they are still about as thick as the original single piece. Maybe an hour shorter at most.

I cooked a 5 lb pork shoulder on Saturday, slathered it with mayonnaise(read an article in the L.A. Times about this in which Meathead and Dr. Blonder were quoted at length)and applied a rub by Chris Lily and it was a masterpiece! It stalled at 160 so I wrapped it opened the vents on the kamado got it to about 320 and slowly closed the vents until it hit 200. I took it off the grill and put it on my natural gas Weber 310 at 450 for about 20 min. or so and crusted it perfectly! I put it on at 11:00 am and was eating by 7-7:30

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here